What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This purchase falls under the "fun" category....a time machine disc....another DCC project with Steve Hoffman mastering...it's a Radio Broadcast from the late 60's...complete with commericals...what a trip this is...if I was still getting stoned I'd fire up a joint and turn out all the lights and put this baby on...this is just pure "back in the day" flashbacks for me...and some cool music...I am hoping someone from the Bay area...like Marpow...can add some local flavor to the story of this radio station and Tom Donahue and KSAN(call sign at that time)Radio....this sounds like another guy like Cleveland Disc Jockey Alan Freed....

View attachment 38774View attachment 38775

OK...I was curious about Tom Donahue(the DJ)..so I did a little digging...and what I found was very cool... he made it to the Rock N Roll HOF

Coming March 8th: https://www.deepdiscount.com/joni-75-a-birthday-celebration-various-artists/602577427473

7156VI-9x4L._SL1200_.jpg

Disc: 1
1. Dreamland - Performed by Los Lobos
2. Help Me - Performed by Chaka Khan
3. Amelia - Performed by Diana Krall
4. All I Want - Performed by Rufus Wainwright
5. Coyote - Performed by Glen Hansard
6. River - Performed by James Taylor
7. Both Sides Now - Performed by Seal
8. Our House - Performed by Graham Nash
9. A Case Of You - Performed by Kris Kristofferson & Brandi Carlile
10. Down to You - Performed by Brandi Carlile
11. Blue - Performed by Rufus Wainwright
12. Court And Spark - Performed by Norah Jones
13. Nothing Can Be Done - Performed by Los Lobos
14. The Magdalene Laundries - Performed by Emmylou Harris
15. Woodstock - Performed by James Taylor
16. Big Yellow Taxi - Performed by La Marisoul, James Taylor, Chaka Khan, and Brandi Carlile

The opposite of "latest".... Going through my CD collection I pulled out my old collection of 3" CDs. A format that was somehow simultaneously cute and annoying. LOL.

View attachment 38784

And yes, there's a Madonna CD in there. We all have our guilty pleasures. LOL. :eek:

Holy crap! I forgot about those......but, I never bought any. Seems I remember the CD trays had a little indentation for them. Is that right? Do they still??

The opposite of "latest".... Going through my CD collection I pulled out my old collection of 3" CDs. A format that was somehow simultaneously cute and annoying. LOL.

View attachment 38784

And yes, there's a Madonna CD in there. We all have our guilty pleasures. LOL. :eek:

As if the compact disc wasn't compact enough, the 3" CD which was basically for maxi~singles and held approximately 24 minutes of music was, IMO, so silly as to be ludicrous. I only have a couple of them in my collection and don't even know where they are, at present.

Privateuniverse....you do have quite a collection of them and who knows, maybe they'll one day be collectibles ....... commanding big bucks....and that even includes Madonna!

See the source image

If you embraced the Smart Car...then the 3" mini CD is FOR YOU!

Last edited:
the only splurging I did a couple of weeks ago before I had to cough up $2K for my "deductible" for my Retina Displacement Surgery last week(MAN , I GOT SPOILED ROTTEN IN SPAIN!!!!)
The Goddess from Olympus and County Donegal's latest hurrah!...whew!!!
New sealed LP...
712O-QwMTVL._SL1425_.jpg

Back