What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While on [forced] hiatus from QQforum, I added two David Sylvian titles to my collection:

519FCTE492L.jpg

51MLNfSCfXL.jpg

71v%2BGIf-6kL._SL1200_.jpg

Victim of Stars 1982-2012

At the suggestion of the pupster….and it's a fun disc...well worth a purchase...when you see the picture below...are you surprised to see what Donald Fagen looked like in 1991...he's the first photo on the top left hand side..and that instrument he has is called a melodica...it is similar to a harmonica...then Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs....a cool feature of this CD is the "notes
" written by Fagen about some of the songs..

I'm playing it right now and it sounds superb...the funny thing is I just noticed that it's HDCD encoded...since I'm using the Oppo 203...it doesn't process HDCD...but my 103D does...

I've got to admit, I've forgotten what the whole HDCD thing is about anyway (think I've only got a few of them and not sure I could hear any improvement:unsure:.)

I've got to admit, I've forgotten what the whole HDCD thing is about anyway (think I've only got a few of them and not sure I could hear any improvement:unsure:.)

Supposedly, HDCD gives you 20 bit resolution.....but in my experience and on my main system, my Meridian 808 and Meridian Sooloos which do NOT have HDCD sound superior to the OPPO utilizing HDCD. That's all I can go by, JP.

Yeah, mine are separated into two different systems and it would be a real PITA to get it together. Any opinions on HDCD Clint and anybody else have experience with HDCDs?

I've had other HDCD titles and I've never noticed any difference...but to be fair I never played them with the intention of a comparison....since the 203 doesn't process HDCD and this disc sounds excellent without the "benefit" of this technology...if it did boost the DR it would be improbable that I could notice a few digits of improvement...the theory behind the technology is that it does raise the DR...but I've never noticed it...

Back