What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I forgot to mention ....'Living on the Road with his 'recreational gerbils, MoFi and QQ!'

See the source image

We're Sleeping WHERE TONIGHT???????
Wait for it......
https://joecartoon.com/watch/z0bbbc

Really not sure what to say about this, looks like somebody’s got way too much time on their hands🤓
it's like the folks who have a PORSCHE 4 x 4....more money than common sense....never understood why people spend thousands in a NON Linear tracking TT... I mean, if you're gonna spend that much money, at least do it RIGHT!!!!

Because Simple Minds is one of my favorite bands. So glad as was able to see them at The Masonic in San Francisco recently.
Rejuvenation 2001-2014.
Limited eight disc (seven CDs + NTSC/Region 0 DVD) set. After leaving the Virgin label, and a one-off album with Chrysalis, Simple Minds took stock and decided to make records for themselves. An album of cover versions of songs dear to Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill, Neon Lights, was released in 2001, followed by Cry in 2002, an album of new compositions recorded in Glasgow and Sicily. The recordings for Black and White 050505 were completed on the 5th May 2005, hence the title. Graffiti Soul continued the band's return to the top, charting at # 10 in May 2009. Big Music was released in October 2014, charting at # 12. This set features the five albums plus twenty-four bonus tracks - non-album B-sides and originally limited bonus CD tracks, including the rare album of covers Searching For The Lost Boys (now including a cover of T. Rex's "Children Of The Revolution"), and the Big Music bonus CD (now including the Simple Minds/Stranglers collaboration). The DVD features the ten rare single promo videos from these albums, along with the even more rare EPKs made for the albums' promotion. Housed in a handsome 12 x 12 book, the booklet features photos and newly-written extensive and revealing album-by-album notes by Jim Kerr himself.

Because Simple Minds is one of my favorite bands. So glad as was able to see them at The Masonic in San Francisco recently.
Rejuvenation 2001-2014.
Limited eight disc (seven CDs + NTSC/Region 0 DVD) set. After leaving the Virgin label, and a one-off album with Chrysalis, Simple Minds took stock and decided to make records for themselves. An album of cover versions of songs dear to Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill, Neon Lights, was released in 2001, followed by Cry in 2002, an album of new compositions recorded in Glasgow and Sicily. The recordings for Black and White 050505 were completed on the 5th May 2005, hence the title. Graffiti Soul continued the band's return to the top, charting at # 10 in May 2009. Big Music was released in October 2014, charting at # 12. This set features the five albums plus twenty-four bonus tracks - non-album B-sides and originally limited bonus CD tracks, including the rare album of covers Searching For The Lost Boys (now including a cover of T. Rex's "Children Of The Revolution"), and the Big Music bonus CD (now including the Simple Minds/Stranglers collaboration). The DVD features the ten rare single promo videos from these albums, along with the even more rare EPKs made for the albums' promotion. Housed in a handsome 12 x 12 book, the booklet features photos and newly-written extensive and revealing album-by-album notes by Jim Kerr himself.
View attachment 39457

Great post(y) I like it when someone provides some details...very interesting..

Another Steve Hoffman project....when I look for CDs I look for anything that Steve has worked on....they aren't all "gems" but one constant is his "light" touch...he's not going to crush it...if he has something decent to work with...the results are usually very good to excellent...now on these compilation discs...it's a different beast...it was either an existing compilation or the engineer had to cull music from many different sources...it presents a real challenge...I'm listenting to disc 2 as I make this post...and it's what I had hoped it would be so far...the nice thing about titles like this one is the sheer volume of songs...and the variety is great as well....you put these 40 songs on a drive and you have a great party title....let that play in the background and you have instant entertainment...

Had a chance to listen to this one yet; I'm curious about what you think. I'm actually surprised the DR numbers are that high!

Not yet...but do you have that EXACT version?...it makes a difference..mine is from 1986 and there have been quite a few remastered versions since then....so you don't like the sound of yours?...given the nature of the music...I'm not expecting Ronnie Scott type of fidelity..

Not yet...but do you have that EXACT version?...it makes a difference..mine is from 1986 and there have been quite a few remastered versions since then....so you don't like the sound of yours?...given the nature of the music...I'm not expecting Ronnie Scott type of fidelity..
I’m OK I think, mine is from 1980 -Epic, I’ll have to see if there’s a DR for mine? Are you familiar with the album?

I’m OK I think, mine is from 1980 -Epic, I’ll have to see if there’s a DR for mine? Are you familiar with the album?

Let me explain....most will say 1980...but that doesn't mean that specific disc was from 1980...mine says 1980....but it's from 1986..you have to check the label...the catalog number and if it is provided...the bar code to match what you have..usually the DR site will give you those things(catalog #....label and barcode)

Of course I knew, just a massive brain fart😜

So I'm guessing that your CD doesn't sound as good as you think it should by the numbers....DR isn't the only factor...it won't indicate "muddy" sounds...but I think we have become so accustomed to poor DR numbers now that we think it's great when we see a 12 or 14 on a disc....the sad part is that those older CDs were like that most of the time....we just expect the numbers to be bad now...because they are most of the time...

So I'm guessing that your CD doesn't sound as good as you think it should by the numbers....DR isn't the only factor...it won't indicate "muddy" sounds...but I think we have become so accustomed to poor DR numbers now that we think it's great when we see a 12 or 14 on a disc....the sad part is that those older CDs were like that most of the time....we just expect the numbers to be bad now...because they are most of the time...
I’ve got an early LP and a recent 96/24 flac that sounds bright. I played the crap out of that album, because I used to try and learn JB licks on the guitar in the 80’s. I don’t know about the CD yet, have to look it up.

Back