What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a later reissue of the Stereo LP of TTWOTW in a facsimile of the old Quad sleeve. i have a copy somewhere.

there were a few other reissues like it where Sony put Stereo discs into repro's of the old Quad artwork, including Johnny Winter's John Dawson Winter III and Harold Melvin's Wake Up Everybody, so you have to watch out for those.
Yeah. I got that Harold Melvin. 😥 Very disappointing.
PXL_20210810_195500763.MP.jpg

Today, I got this. I had zero idea what it would sound like. I looked up who Thijs Van Lear was/is and saw that he was part of Focus. Only tune I knew from them was Hocus Pocus because of radio play.

Usually, I Google the album and listen to a little off of a YouTube video, but I just had an impulse to buy this off eBay. Today was my first listen. Although it's absolutely nothing like a Focus time. It's pretty wonderful. A purchase worth every penny. :) (and the record is in pristine condition, which is always nice)

Besides the SQ albums : Introspection , and Introspection II , there is supposed to be an SQ Introspection III.

Both one and two were available in North America as well as other Countries , but I believe Introspection III was exclusive to Holland.
Someone told me that Introspection 1, when they put out the CD, it was from the SQ masters, so it's encoded.

On Discogs, I don't see the lll as quad, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
https://www.discogs.com/Thijs-van-Leer-Introspection-3/master/400109

They've been dropping this price gradually every week of so, now down to $215 +ship; just another $100 or so and I might start considering it -LOL
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/11556765

ooh that looks cool! 🤩 wonder if there might be a needledrop of the 45 "out there" already? 🤔 it'd more than likely be QS so your SMV2 would decode it nicely and save you a few (hundred!) quid 😍

funny, there's quite a few Quad nut Brits about.. i'm guessing after the U.S.A. the UK's probably the biggest concentration of Quad loonies, i mean enthusiasts! 😜🤣
Who are you calling an enthusiast! :ROFLMAO:
........... on my good days when they let me out of the strange jacket that buttons up at the back I'm an obsessive surround sound lunatic 🤪

Back