What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops.....I forgot the most notable one.

BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST -ONCE AGAIN....in DD and 96/24 DTS And SQ!!
1644530947206228237825689800956.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much ..pupsi

Most matrix quads we find are available via CD. I only know of 3 on SACD , Santana LOTUS , HERBIE HANCOCK-Sextant , and AIRTO DEODATO/AIRTO MOREIRA-LIVE.

On DVD BUDDY RICH -Channel One Suite , and David Bowie -Serious Moonlight.
And possibly The Firesign Theatre -Everthing You Know Is Wrong .

:unsure::giggle:
The Buddy Rich Channel One Suite is also on SQ CD.

Not sure but I think that "Serious Moonlight" was mixed directly to SQ. The only way to get an unencoded surround surround track was to decode it. I would have to look if I have the DVD, I don't think I ever bothered with it upon hearing that the 5.1 was crap! I do have the SQ encoded laser disc, which sounds great, also the (SQ) Beta HiFi which has a few dropouts but otherwise sounds fine.

Not sure but I think that "Serious Moonlight" was mixed directly to SQ. The only way to get an unencoded surround surround track was to decode it. I would have to look if I have the DVD, I don't think I ever bothered with it upon hearing that the 5.1 was crap! I do have the SQ encoded laser disc, which sounds great, also the (SQ) Beta HiFi which has a few dropouts but otherwise sounds fine.
I thought it was Dolby Surround.

If one doesn’t already exist here on the QQ (and I’m not seeing one 🧐 fizzy) we need a definitive list of MATRIX QUAD encoded titles on a digital format- i.e. CD, Guess they’d be single inventory type stuff.

Mark Anderson’s listings are wonderful of course, but I believe they are blended in with the analogs.IINM.

Pupsi,there is a matrix quad cd listing in the SURROUND/QUADRAPHONIC/DISCOGRAPHY.

It might need some updating though.

I dunno how much cash you're willing to throw at LPs, but the following titles perform really well through the SM (and haven't been reissued in digital form):
  • Rufus - Rags To Rufus (QS)
  • Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill & Countdown To Ecstasy (QS)
  • Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get (QS)
  • Aerosmith - Rocks (SQ)
  • Bob Dylan - Desire (SQ)
  • Loggins & Messina - Native Sons (SQ)

I dunno how much cash you're willing to throw at LPs, but the following titles perform really well through the SM (and haven't been reissued in digital form):
  • Aerosmith - Rocks (SQ)
I'm not ready to drop loads of cash on vinyl. And I have most of these as 4 ch FLAC decodes.
I have to ask, were any of these released as encoded CDs?!

• Aerosmith - Rocks (SQ)
Fortunately, prices for some QS/SQ LPs don't seem outrageous. Probably depends on the grading...
I've gone through the polls section and made a wantlist on discogs to start from.
Plus, a QQ buddy is sending me a couple from his stash...
It's ON.

Fortunately, prices for some QS/SQ LPs don't seem outrageous. Probably depends on the grading...
I've gone through the polls section and made a wantlist on discogs to start from.
Plus, a QQ buddy is sending me a couple from his stash...
It's ON.
I like everything from Jonathan's list except Native Sons; just could never get into the music on that one and I love Loggins & Messina!

The problem with record stores is they have NO idea what quadraphonic records are. Almost all I've stopped in say "any quads are mixed in with the other records." :rolleyes:

One shop in Asheville NC had a cool section called "audiophile." They had quads mixed in with Direct to Vinyl and MoFi style records. It was small, but nice to find.

Back