What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curiously, Piano Man was found as-is in a stereo sleeve. The record is, indeed Quad though.
Just the opposite of my copy of the O'Jays Ship Ahoy. Quad cover, but stereo inside. It didn't get switched. Apparently, this is one of those releases where they printed too many SQ covers and quad was dying at that point, so..... :cry:

PXL_20220411_214027779~2.jpg

View attachment 78536
One of the highest ranked Poco albums.
Excited to hear this soon!

i found it one of those curiously (and not positively so!) midrange-y grungey-sounding Gold-bordered CBS Quads (of which there are a fair few) and the mix isn't upto much either. the other Poco Quads are much more better-er, imho! 😋

i found it one of those curiously (and not positively so!) midrange-y grungey-sounding Gold-bordered CBS Quads (of which there are a fair few) and the mix isn't upto much either. the other Poco Quads are much more better-er, imho! 😋
Fair enough. We've always got the stereo version of the record to fall back on, worst case.
Great music comes first, for me. Mono, Stereo, Quad, etc.

OK, I agree with all or part of what y'all are saying. Baggy most nailed it, though: music has to come first for me. Bessie Smith mono '78's or LP/CD copies are preferable to listening to a mediocre modern blues artist, even in an active Quad mix. Blasphemy!!

Adam, you nailed the description of the fidelity and mix of DeLIVErin.' Live mud and an eh Quad mix. Review my comments and you'll notice I said musically, I liked Deliverin' and Crazy Eyes best.

disclaimers: I'm a Poco completist. I'm also a huge Messina fan. I have all of his solo stuff and even a mint copy of Messina/Jesters LP. Also have autographed copies of some of his later solo stuff. Can you guess I'm partial to Messina? Last caught him live in reunion w/Loggins. All it was missing was Jon Clarke.

Not sure I've heard the SQ of DeLIVErin', but I did buy the Q8 (my most listened to copy) and CD. I'd gladly rebuy it on 2ch SACD, though I'd prefer a Quad SACD.

OK, I like the Crazy Eyes mix, besides the music. Bought it on Q8, CD & DTS CD, and all Quads after it on SQ, CD & SACD.

View attachment 78536
One of the highest ranked Poco albums.
Excited to hear this soon!

What !!!? Highest ranked poco's.....well Rank is the operative word on that disc ,for me anyway.

Bought that early in the 70's and sold it after a couple listens .

Also turned me off Poco......for a long time.
Fredblue had to twist my arm to buy the 2 on DV .(not bad discs , those) . And not comparable to deeeliver in.

Anyways enjoy your find ,maybe you will like it after all is said and done.

I've had these two Japanese Pro-Use LPs for a little while actually, but just got around to trying them out and converting to digital.

Unfortunately, they have very little rear channel action, mostly ambience from the fronts- very disappointing! They definitely state on the cover that they are QS encoded LPs, just don't know why they bothered.

So if you other folks are considering these, I'd say, save your dough!

Toshiba Records – LF-91025
https://www.discogs.com/release/3857904-Jun-Martha-Miyake-Together-With-Jun-Martha-Miyake
Toshiba Records – LF-91023
https://www.discogs.com/release/7192594-Mari-Nakamoto-That-Old-Feeling-

Back