What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that STEELY DAN QS is my fave "Dan" disc, boy do I ever wish AF would release the quad SACD or better yet SACD or BLU-RAY'S of ELLIOT SCHEINER'S 5.1. ANY AND ALL of these UMe discs!!!!

Anything is possible since AF got into the Surround game! Fingers crossed they do any/all Steely Dan's surround/Quad stuff! :p

Oh, a question pls, F.W!

Did you ever see The Crusaders' "Southern Comfort" album listed as a pre-order in Quad?

I just wondered since I noticed their track from that album appear on the Koss 4-channel headphone promo Quad LP, together with the unreleased Joe Walsh track.. could it be a long shot there's promo Quads of The Crusaders album? Or that some test pressing may have slipped out?

Anything is possible since AF got into the Surround game! Fingers crossed they do any/all Steely Dan's surround/Quad stuff! :p

If the Steely Dan tapes are available and the albums are available to license from the record label and artist, these would be a possibility.

Very Special Love Songs - Charlie Rich (SQ LP).

I enjoyed his "Behind Closed Doors" Quad so much, this was a no brainer! :p

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh, a question pls, F.W!

Did you ever see The Crusaders' "Southern Comfort" album listed as a pre-order in Quad?

I just wondered since I noticed their track from that album appear on the Koss 4-channel headphone promo Quad LP, together with the unreleased Joe Walsh track.. could it be a long shot there's promo Quads of The Crusaders album? Or that some test pressing may have slipped out?

Alas, no, FB,

After the Dan Hicks was announced as a Sansui encode by a member of Larry Clifton's sleuths, I searched the used record stores (discs aren't shrinkwrapped) and the bluethumbs of THE CRUSADERS, DAVE MASON are not indicated as quad.And boy do I ever wish they were!!

I suppose there is a slim chance (10-20 percent perhaps) that one or two more could be and are not indicated as such, much like some of the Impulses by Ed Michel.But unless they state encode or are mixed by an engineer that had access to the QS encoder (such as Baker Bigsby, or Ed Michel, or a few others working with ABC etc. Labels) it's unlikely.

A confirmation from a recording engineer is what is needed of course.

Tough Guys: Music From The Soundtrack Of The Paramount Release "Three Tough Guys" - Composed, Conducted and Performed by Isaac Hayes (SQ LP).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 138
Back