What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolly Parton: Little Sparrow SACD
Bought it from a seller on Steve Hoffman Forums (sorry :eek:) for $56 cdn.

YEAY!! GOOD JOB!! (y)

I've had it on my wish list for ages.. always seems to go for silly prices!

I wonder if the surround mix is the same "formula" as the 2 x Nickel Creek SACDs from the same label..!? (both of which I have but neither of which seem to be anywhere near as rare/pricey/collectible as the Dolly disc.. doh!!)

Silk Road Journeys - Yo-Yo Ma & The Silk Road Ensemble (M/C SACD).
Appalachian Spring/El Salon Mexico/Billy The Kid/Rodeo - Copland: Bernstein, NY Philharmonic (M/C SACD).

My World Electric - Branko (Hybrid M/C SACD).

I looked for this at sa-cd.net. All links worldwide go to a CD while no SACD can be found. Is this sold as CD with a SACD part as sweet surprise (like the mc stuff on the dave brubeck time out disc) or are all this link in error?

Markus

I looked for this at sa-cd.net. All links worldwide go to a CD while no SACD can be found. Is this sold as CD with a SACD part as sweet surprise (like the mc stuff on the dave brubeck time out disc) or are all this link in error?

Markus

I really don't know I'm afraid Markus :(

I've had it on my sa-cd.net wish list for ages.. then I just randomly went hunting for it and bought the only one I could find where the seller specified it was definitely the SACD they were selling.

It only arrived this morning while I was at work, so I've no idea what the mix etc is like..

..but it comes in a regular CD jewel case and not a rounded super jewel, which may add to the confusion with online sellers.. although it does have the little square silver/black/white sticker on the front saying its Hybrid Multichannel SACD and the rear inlay has all the sa-cd, DSD and Stereo/MultiCh logos etc..

so I'm not sure what's up with all the erroneous listings!? unless its either single inventory and every version is a hybrid SACD, or both the CD and SACDs share the same catalogue info (wouldn't be the first time, would it..!!).

I really don't know I'm afraid Markus :(

I've had it on my sa-cd.net wish list for ages.. then I just randomly went hunting for it and bought the only one I could find where the seller specified it was definitely the SACD they were selling.

It only arrived this morning while I was at work, so I've no idea what the mix etc is like..

..but it comes in a regular CD jewel case and not a rounded super jewel, which may add to the confusion with online sellers.. although it does have the little square silver/black/white sticker on the front saying its Hybrid Multichannel SACD and the rear inlay has all the sa-cd, DSD and Stereo/MultiCh logos etc..

so I'm not sure what's up with all the erroneous listings!? unless its either single inventory and every version is a hybrid SACD, or both the CD and SACDs share the same catalogue info (wouldn't be the first time, would it..!!).

I got the impression from my finds on the web there was originally only one release of this - and this was a hybrid SACD. I could not find if there was later a repressing without the SACD layer...
I risked 12 EUR incl. s/h to find out if there is a CD only release exclusive to Amazon. All other places only list it as SACD.

Markus

I got the impression from my finds on the web there was originally only one release of this - and this was a hybrid SACD. I could not find if there was later a repressing without the SACD layer...
I risked 12 EUR incl. s/h to find out if there is a CD only release exclusive to Amazon. All other places only list it as SACD.

Markus

I remember reading there was a later CD pressing on a different imprint, in either 2010 or as recently as this year, 2012.. I can't recall now or find the link but if/when I do, I will post here/PM you.

I remember reading there was a later CD pressing on a different imprint, in either 2010 or as recently as this year, 2012.. I can't recall now or find the link but if/when I do, I will post here/PM you.

I was in luck. Already got my Amazon marketplace CD order and got the SACD. I've choosen a used copy to limit the risk to get a copy from a potential CD only reprint. I`m still unsure if this title is available in a different format than SACD hybrid. Anyone who has a Branko My World Electric as a CD only pressing in his hands?

Markus

I was in luck. Already got my Amazon marketplace CD order and got the SACD. I've choosen a used copy to limit the risk to get a copy from a potential CD only reprint. I`m still unsure if this title is available in a different format than SACD hybrid. Anyone who has a Branko My World Electric as a CD only pressing in his hands?

Markus

good to hear you've got the SACD :) there's certainly two different SACDs of the RPWL album, one limited "Tour" edition that comes in a paper slipcase and one regular SACD without slipcase, I think they are the same disc inside however. as for a non-SACD/redbook only I really couldn't say.

latest addition to the pile that's arrived in the mail while I was out today..

Dig - Boz Scaggs (CD/DVDA).

A rather sweet little package, with the book style presentation, nicely crafted, with different textured paper inside etc..

Bit odd that there's no mention anywhere on the packaging or the liner notes inside that its a DVD-A in 5.1, although the liner notes do mention that its mixed by Elliot Scheiner (YEAY! the maestro's involvement virtually guarantees it'll be a great surround mix!) and the DVD itself has a tiny DVD Audio logo and some blurb printed on it about it being in 5.1 with no video content on the discs' label, etc..

Really looking forward to hearing this! It has Linda's seal of approval, which in itself is good enough for me :eek:

Just arrived this morning, the Michael Jackson Thriller SACD :) I thought I'd play it on my Oppo DV-980H first and sadly, many of the tracks drop out and skip on several songs...so, I put it in my older Pioneer DV-578A and it is now playing perfectly. Has anyone else encountered this sort of issue...perhaps my Oppo is on its way out??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back