What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
latest addition to the pile that's arrived in the mail while I was out today..

Dig - Boz Scaggs (CD/DVDA).

A rather sweet little package, with the book style presentation, nicely crafted, with different textured paper inside etc..

Bit odd that there's no mention anywhere on the packaging or the liner notes inside that its a DVD-A in 5.1, although the liner notes do mention that its mixed by Elliot Scheiner (YEAY! the maestro's involvement virtually guarantees it'll be a great surround mix!) and the DVD itself has a tiny DVD Audio logo and some blurb printed on it about it being in 5.1 with no video content on the discs' label, etc..

Really looking forward to hearing this! It has Linda's seal of approval, which in itself is good enough for me :eek:

Really nice packaging...apart from the paper disc sleeve...

Probably my best purchase/find of the year....

Can't believe this came out as a CD/DVD-A combo with 16:9 widescreen presentation in 2001!!!

Kane - Fearless - Dualdisc DTS 96/24 - stumbled across this when looking at the Dualdisc listing... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DZtbmZQYnJmWE55Z2xFclJMSWxsQVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

The front of the disc looks the same as the regular version, but here is a scan of the back cover:
002 (416 x 364).jpg

In a similar vein to the Kane SACD..

The listings on amazon.com & Amazon UK don't mention Dualdisc but Amazon.de lists it as a Dualdisc..

The ASIN is B000AYQKIW

I ordered from Amazon.com marketplace & got the Dualdisc
(y)... Also its Sony/RCA & DTS 96/24 :yikes

P.S. One more thing - It's PAL...

Kompendium - Beneath The Waves - CD/DVD-A
p1 (300 x 300).jpgp1_0002 (298 x 300).jpg

What you can't tell from those :rolleyes: pictures is how big the package is... soooo:
p1_0003 (303 x 300).jpg

Sounds great!!!! I'm so glad that this is a real DVD-A

Just arrived this morning, the Michael Jackson Thriller SACD :) I thought I'd play it on my Oppo DV-980H first and sadly, many of the tracks drop out and skip on several songs...so, I put it in my older Pioneer DV-578A and it is now playing perfectly. Has anyone else encountered this sort of issue...perhaps my Oppo is on its way out??

Hey Gabe,

My copy plays perfectly on my Oppo 80.

Those Oppo machines seem to fail sooner than other brands. I would never buy one.

Todd Rundgren - Liars (DVD-A)
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspik (DVD-A)
Kitaro - Best Of Silk Road (DVD-A)
Rosenstolz - Herz (SACD)
Deep Purple Machine Head - DTS-DVD (Box-Set)
David Sánchez - Coral (SACD )
Branko - My World Electric (SACD)
Randy Brecker - Some Skunk Funk (SACD)
Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day (BluRay)
Trapt - Trapt (DVD-A, DualDisc)
Kane - Fearless (DTS-DVD, DualDisc)
Poco- Crazy Eyes (DTS-CD)
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over (DTS-DVD)

Sol to Soul - Freddie Ravel (DTS CD),
Enter The Heart - Esteban (DTS DVD-Audio).

Broadening one's musical horizons in the name of "new" surround music continues.. (well they're new to me at any rate, these mixes are approx 10 years old after all and I'm sure many QQ-ers know them all already but hearing the 5.1 mixes now will still be a new one on me!).

It helps of course when these 'gambles' are so cheap! :eek:

Townshend/Lane - Rough Mix - DVD-A Dualdisc

Interested to see what you make of the surround mix on this LK.

I don't remember being overly knocked out by it.. and only played it through the once before moving on.. but that was a few years ago and there's been a lot of surround since, so its probably overdue another listen to give it a fair crack of the whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back