WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to hear about your loss there mate

i bet you ll be thinking of your bro when your listening
Sorry, I didn’t mean to elicit sympathy, but thanks for the kindness. All that to say that you’re not alone in not hearing it yet. I miss my bro hugely and will definitely be thinking of him with thanks when I put it on. ❤️👍 Can’t WAIT to hear 1983 and Voodoo Child (Slight Return) in 5.1! 😁

@LeperLord,

Don’t feel bad. Eddie Kramer mixed it for 5.1, it came out in 2018, and my brother bought me a copy, then fell ill over the next year and passed away just before the pandemic. It’s been a stressful couple of years, so I’ve been planning to finally listen to it over Christmas week. 🥸👈

Here’s the promo video:

Words cannot express how sad I am for your loss. Sounds like he was a great brother.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to elicit sympathy, but thanks for the kindness. All that to say that you’re not alone in not hearing it yet. I miss my bro hugely and will definitely be thinking of him with thanks when I put it on. ❤️👍 Can’t WAIT to hear 1983 and Voodoo Child (Slight Return) in 5.1! 😁
I lost my brother 2 years ago. I don't mean to derail this thread. But, I feel your pain. My bro was only 39. Funniest guy I have ever known. I miss him terribly. Much love!

Last edited:
I loss my brother 2 years ago. I don't mean to derail this thread. But, I feel your pain. My bro was only 39. Funniest guy I have ever known. Much love!
Thanks Syrinx. Your bro went WAY too young. Mine made it to 61, which seems to be the median for our family, but it’s enough to have lived a good life. I’m sorry you lost your bro so early.

Wait…what happened to Who’s Next? Did we lose the pending release?
Always a good idea to have your towel handy when browsing this forum.

1674590753886.png

1674590645834.png

Which means, it will be too damn expensive. :(
That depends upon what one is hoping to get. If what you want is comprehensive, you should expect it to be expensive. If you don’t care about outtakes, live shows, etc and just want an atmos BDA, yeah, it’s pricey.

It’s called the music business and not the music charity for a reason.

And then if it is slow to sell, will it will be used as yet another excuse to kill off physical formats? :(
You do realize that the die on physical digital discs has long since been cast? These big sets are happening only because disc sales have already collapsed…not to affirm or prove they’ve collapsed. These high profit boxes are simply a way to squeeze the last dollars out of a dying format (and audience).

Plus there are bigger forces at play which sort of render physical disc sales numbers moot. The bottom line is that the rental model works better for the owners of the intellectual property (and the vast majority of consumers as well - particularly under the age of 40).

Whether this set sells well or not (whatever that even means these days) will have virtually zero impact upon future releases on disc (or the lack thereof).

Last edited:
That depends upon what one is hoping to get. If what you want is comprehensive, you should expect it to be expensive. If you don’t care about outtakes, live shows, etc and just want an atmos BDA, yeah, it’s pricey.

It’s called the music business and not the music charity for a reason.
I'm more concerned with a potentially inadequate pace of sales if it is expensive. Then the next business decision might be to dispense with the physical formats altogether. Also, I wish they would keep the vinyl as a separate package.

If it is in the $300 range, I'm likely to go for the big box anyway, but I will bide my time for a reasonable discount. If it is in the Revolver price range and contains 5.1 and Atmos mixes on bluray, then I'll probably bite early on. BTW, I see that Revolver is down to $105 on Amazon today.

You do realize that the die on physical digital discs has long since been cast?
Yes, that is so true. But perhaps down the line, there will be a resurgence of the format as there has been with vinyl.

I'm not too worried, however. Since I bought DeMix Pro, I can make my own multichannel mixes. Oh, and sometimes I still complain about the choices of the mixing engineer. 🤣

Back