ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here but Razor & Tie, while distributed via Sony are independently owned and make their own decisions regarding format. While they may use Sony DADC as a replicator, it is also entirely possible (and likely) that they are using someone else (Cinram, Universal, Arvato etc). Even if they were using DADC exclusively, DADC is not compelled to follow any direction from Sony (the label) as to format or codec. While voting at the Legacy forum certainly can't hurt matters, it is highly unlikely it will affect any decision pertaining to Razor & Tie - they are completely separate and unrelated (with the exception that they are both distributed by Sony).

I'm not directing this at Razor & Tie, because the only way we can voice our opinions on this matter to them is through email.
I'm focusing on getting the voice out to SONY because their reissues come out ahead of Razor & Tie (or were supposed to).

I am sure some of you create DVD-Audio discs from 96/24 files to MLP? My 6 channel files ripped from the BSS DVD-Audio disc downmixed to stereo BLOW AWAY any of the "remastered" releases in stereo.

Yes, they do....very well done and thanks!

I'm not directing this at Razor & Tie, because the only way we can voice our opinions on this matter to them is through email.
I'm focusing on getting the voice out to SONY because their reissues come out ahead of Razor & Tie (or were supposed to).

I understand that Razor & Tie only have North American rights to ELP, however, the Sony Legacy website you are petitioning is for Sony US - not Sony UK (the label for ELP in Europe) - one would think that Sony US and Sony UK would be linked closely but unfortunately like most major labels the family is dysfunctional. Again - I'm not suggesting that your petition is without merit, it's just pointed in a direction slightly askew.

That these appear to be going forward is very exciting....my appetite for Trilogy is duly whetted, and the thought that the tapes for Welcome Back My Friends could have been found and it may get the decent mix it has sorely missed...well, I'd be one super-happy ELP fan.

And oh the fun we could all have comparing a SW 5.1 mix of BSS with the one already released.

Last night a couple friends came over. One had never heard my system. The first words out of her mouth were, "I have a request--Lucky Man." As a matter of fact... When she heard it in 5.1, her jaw dropped.

Tarkus is my ELP fave. Can't wait to experience Bitches Crystal in 5.1.

Last night a couple friends came over. One had never heard my system. The first words out of her mouth were, "I have a request--Lucky Man." As a matter of fact... When she heard it in 5.1, her jaw dropped.

Tarkus is my ELP fave. Can't wait to experience Bitches Crystal in 5.1.

Which brings me to a serious question - wtf is "Lucky Man" doing on the Warner/Rhino BSS DVDA anyway?
It's from ELP, not BSS.....

Bitches Crystal in 5.1 is well cool, and Steven's mix of Lucky Man is, for me, the album stand-out track on ELP.

So if the term "deadwax" refers to the runout groove, I don't quite understand what a "deadwax album" is...sounds like an entire album with no grooves.

Yes, that's right.
I have a Joe Satriani 12" in Clear Vinyl of one of the songs from "Surfing..." that has precisely that on side B, nothing!

BTW, it is one BEAUTIFUL LP with the Silver Surfer on he label...but in blue(!)...if i ever make a wall clock out of any vinyl , I think that would be it...

Which brings me to a serious question - wtf is "Lucky Man" doing on the Warner/Rhino BSS DVDA anyway?
It's from ELP, not BSS.....

Bitches Crystal in 5.1 is well cool, and Steven's mix of Lucky Man is, for me, the album stand-out track on ELP.

You've heard it already?! Jealous... :)

I've got a quick question here about Burning Shed. They still show July 30th as the release date for these while Amazon.co.uk has moved the date back to September. Given past precedent, do we expect Burning Shed to also move their date back or is there some chance that they will hit the original release date?

I've got a quick question here about Burning Shed. They still show July 30th as the release date for these while Amazon.co.uk has moved the date back to September. Given past precedent, do we expect Burning Shed to also move their date back or is there some chance that they will hit the original release date?

Amazon UK, Amazon US, and Razor & Tie Amazon releases ALL show different release dates. ELP related.."same as it ever was".

way off topic but sill:

im a total newby.

I dont own a SACD player (and wife restrictions don't allow me to spend money on that...but I eventually will buy an OPPO). I own some SACDs because Im stupid and just bought them. How could I listen to them, can I rip the SACD to some kind of format with this Foobar SW and burn them to a DVD?

On TOPIC...

why the hell cant they release all ELP now!!! Ive been wanting this since I have use of reason (which I dont know I ever really had...)

way off topic but sill:

im a total newby.

I dont own a SACD player (and wife restrictions don't allow me to spend money on that...but I eventually will buy an OPPO). I own some SACDs because Im stupid and just bought them. How could I listen to them, can I rip the SACD to some kind of format with this Foobar SW and burn them to a DVD?

On TOPIC...

why the hell cant they release all ELP now!!! Ive been wanting this since I have use of reason (which I dont know I ever really had...)

if you tell the missus you need a new blu ray player, you might be able to sneak that Oppo in the back door.. your SACD collection will thank you! ;)

as regards turning SACDs into DVDs etc, I've no idea I'm afraid.. I've just been collecting the things for 10 years, hamstrung by Sony/Philips decision to make them super unhackable audio cds..!! :D

way off topic but sill:

im a total newby.

On TOPIC...

If it is just about SACD there are Sony BluRay Players able to play SACD (e.g. Sony BDP-S390) at a very nice price. If your Receiver can handle HDMI 1.3 you will be in SACD heaven easily. WAF (Woman-Acceptance-Factor) is high for a cheap BluRay player like this :). If you install everything correct and choose the presentation music perfectly you will soon qualify for a bigger budget :)

Markus

A woman's place is in the stove. - Orson Bean

that's right, die drei K - Kinder, Kuche, Kirche :)
how's your conversions progresses?
i hope stove not yet involved :)

perhaps Jon or any other moderator should move all this stuff about foobar and mac adaptation to separate topic.

hehe... the problem is that the music and loudness wont make her too happy...

just so you know how noob I am, i got a crappy Sony 5.1 DTS player, and a PS3 that doesnt play my SACDs.

Im planning to buy a good entry level system with an onkyo 7.2 reciever, oppo 93, and polk speakers, nothing fancy, just about US$2000. My real issue is bring all that to Chile...

And regarding the stove... I do cook better than my wife... but dont tell her so I dont have to cook everyday ...shhhh!

Back