Rush - A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box set (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, how do you contact Amazon with complaints? I don't want to call them....not in the mood. Now they say my order will arrive Tuesday. I'm effing pissed. That is horse shit. I dropped another provider to get the damn thing faster and they messed it up. OK, UPS messed it up, but I don't care. They chose UPS to ship it and now it's several days late. That's not my problem. I will raise hell. I give them way too much money to tolerate this. I took the day off work in anticipation of getting this. I don't want some $100 item sitting on my front porch in the weather. Sorry.....I have that right.

LOL! What a grouch I was. To be fair to myself......got some pretty heavy stuff going on...but that's another story. :)

I did contact Amazon and they said they would contact UPS and see what's up. :rolleyes: Uh huh.....right. Anyhow, my precious box set has been in Urbana since 4AM this morning.....and hasn't moved. I don't really get that......now it says Monday arrival.

You all who have yours are killing me. :chill

I have done two 20 minute comparisons between the new release and the 2015 BD. I voted 10 with the 2015 and if I could I would downgrade to a 7 or 8. The new 2017 release is far superior mostly in fidelity with an improved mix. Steven Wilson has now, after 3 years of paying attention to him, is the guy to beat. I understand how an engineer can change the mix, but I am not sure how they change the fidelity, I guess with EQ, etc. The thing about the new release is you want to crank it louder and louder because it sounds so good, but eventually I had to back off a bit because Getty’s vocals can be pretty shrill at times. I topped out at 77db, (loud, across the street loud). For me, as I purchase a lot of music, the question always is the same, with re release after re release, Is it worth the extra money for what you may get vs what you already have? Mostly the answer is no, even though I keep chasing the dragon. This very elaborate expensive box set is absolutely worth it. I think I paid $35.00 for the 2015 BD and the 2017 elaborate box I paid $97.15, both from Amazon.
If you are on the fence, treat yourself to something significant, assuming you are a hard rock/Rush fan. Even if your not, Cygnus X-1 is worth the price of admission.

Are you talking about the instrumental outtake mix from Cygnus X-1, or is there something more!? (I hope!)
RT might need to explain as “Hidden” means not advertised. I listened to the Cygnus X-2 EH when I listened to all of the BD and I knew what it was because it told me.
Well, I have read everything, even the brief Steven Wilson comments, listened to all, ripped the CD’s, and now it’s time to put this $95.00 expense in the closet. Keeping the BD out for future listening.

As many of you have already discovered, the "hidden" 5.1 mix is the 5.1 mix of "Cygnus X-II Eh" contained in the main menu.
It's not advertised as being included in 5.1 on the disc, but when I ripped the Blu-Ray to my computer and compared the length to the CD track, I was glad they included it in there as a nice bonus.

:)

Just received my deluxe box 10 minutes ago. Wow! This is an extremely well put together box. Yeah, it's big...because of the space required for the 4 LP's. But, everything about this, from the glossy exterior of the box, to the very well detailed graphics on the outside of the box. There is no separate slip with information about contents that you will simply throw away. All information about contents is printed directly onto the outside of the box. Excellent! The edges of the box are well rounded.

Did I say it smells good? LOL!

All the contents are well placed and thoughtfully organized. Quality of materials is top shelf, IMO. Lot's of great, well reproduced pictures throughout. This is a very premium release, from the contents, to the packaging.

Wow!! This is a box, that you will want to protect. It won't simply sit by itself on a shelf - you will want to protect it. I know I will. Just for fun, I will be spinning a few songs on vinyl first. Just because, I can. :)

Fun times ahead. Well worth the wait, so far. Oh, and the damn ring....it's pretty hefty. I may wear it to work tomorrow just to be ridiculous. (y)

Just received my deluxe box 10 minutes ago. Wow! This is an extremely well put together box. Yeah, it's big...because of the space required for the 4 LP's. But, everything about this, from the glossy exterior of the box, to the very well detailed graphics on the outside of the box. There is no separate slip with information about contents that you will simply throw away. All information about contents is printed directly onto the outside of the box. Excellent! The edges of the box are well rounded.

Did I say it smells good? LOL!

All the contents are well placed and thoughtfully organized. Quality of materials is top shelf, IMO. Lot's of great, well reproduced pictures throughout. This is a very premium release, from the contents, to the packaging.

Wow!! This is a box, that you will want to protect. It won't simply sit by itself on a shelf - you will want to protect it. I know I will. Just for fun, I will be spinning a few songs on vinyl first. Just because, I can. :)

Fun times ahead. Well worth the wait, so far. Oh, and the damn ring....it's pretty hefty. I may wear it to work tomorrow just to be ridiculous. (y)

Glad to see you kissed and "made up" with amazon..ah yes...the ring...Lord Gene....King of the Rings:worthy

Glad to see you kissed and "made up" with amazon..ah yes...the ring...Lord Gene....King of the Rings:worthy

I wish I had kissed and made up with Amazon, but I unfortunately stuck with the Moose and, since they apparently never got any stock from Universal, now have to wait for a repress that may or may not occur.

I wish I had kissed and made up with Amazon, but I unfortunately stuck with the Moose and, since they apparently never got any stock from Universal, now have to wait for a repress that may or may not occur.

That's a bummer man. Hopefully, it's not a repress, but simply a matter of getting the stock they need. I bet you'll get it soon.

I tried to resist, I really did...:rolleyes:

If my spouse asks, I'll tell her QQ made me do it.

Just ordered from ImportCDs. Not in stock but hopefully will be soon.

Seriously that's what I love about this forum. I would have never ordered this w/o input from you guys.

Thanks,
Steve

I tried to resist, I really did...:rolleyes:

If my spouse asks, I'll tell her QQ made me do it.

Just ordered from ImportCDs. Not in stock but hopefully will be soon.

Seriously that's what I love about this forum. I would have never ordered this w/o input from you guys.

Thanks,
Steve

Not sure you will get that now from importcds...but really nothing to lose as they won't charge your credit card until it ships...but did you use the TAKE10 promo to get 10% off...i

Not sure you will get that now from importcds...but really nothing to lose as they won't charge your credit card until it ships...but did you use the TAKE10 promo to get 10% off...i

Thanks. Yes I used the TAKE10 promo. Net $98 + shipping.

Are you thinking they won't get more stock? I sure hope they do. Where else should I look (at reasonable prices)?

Regarding credit card...All my music purchases (except from Amazon) come from a personal Paypal music fund, so Importcds has my money already.....

If they cancel they'll refund my money.

Thanks
Steve

Back