Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Living one day at a time, $225.00 US dollars ordered via Amazon UK, no way will I, even if it came down $100.00. Is 2018 going to be the ripping off of people who love Hi Res music. The anti purchase revolution starts here.
Jon Urban, love the Christmas decorations.

Just announced ..confirmation that Roxy Music's debut is being re-released as a 4 disc 45th anniversary special edition

"The DVD features Steven Wilson’s ‘new’ 5.1 mix (it was actually created back in 2012) in DTS 96/24 and Dolby AC3 Sound."
More details to follow!

Bummed about pricing/content/value. This burning desire is placed on hold indefinitely.
I tend to view Roxy Music as a sister band to King Crimson. That’s a holdover from the E.G. Records days and likely meaningless today.

The common denominator these days is Steven Wilson. Surely the successful series of King Crimson Surround DVDA / CD releases would inform the Roxy Music catalog releases? It seemed like the die was cast and everything would fall into place.

This no longer appears to be relevant as the box set approach has been adopted, at least for this 1st album. If this overpriced package doesn’t sell it will cause them to rethink the campaign if there is one. In every dream home theater, a heartache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK folks, we can all breathe easier now. Bull Moose has it listed for $69. Chances are Import CDs or Amazon USA will come in even lower.

EDIT: I also notice that Bull Moose's listing says that the MSRP for the set is $89.98, so you certainly won't see any U.S. retailer charging more than that.

Bummed about pricing/content/value. This burning desire is placed on hold indefinitely.
I tend to view Roxy Music as a sister band to King Crimson. That’s a holdover from the E.G. Records days and likely meaningless today.

The common denominator these days is Steven Wilson. Surely the successful series of King Crimson Surround DVDA / CD releases would inform the Roxy Music catalog releases? It seemed like the die was cast and everything would fall into place.

This no longer appears to be relevant as the box set approach has been adopted, at least for this 1st album. If this overpriced package doesn’t sell it will cause them to rethink the campaign if there is one. In every dream home theater, a heartache.

Whoa

This set is now on Amazon.ca for about $130 CDN including taxes and free shipping.

I have pre-ordered it but I may well cancel as this is by far my least favourite Roxy Music album. In my opinion, the price is still too much
for what you get, especially comparing it to other sets that have come out (e.g. Jethro Tull!).

OK folks, we can all breathe easier now. Bull Moose has it listed for $69. Chances are Import CDs or Amazon USA will come in even lower.

EDIT: I also notice that Bull Moose's listing says that the MSRP for the set is $89.98, so you certainly won't see any U.S. retailer charging more than that.

PHEW, now this pricing is more in line with the real world.

Thank you! Bullmoose comes through and I’m pre-ordered and very happy.

The secretary will disavow my previous post. Good luck shoppers.

wow, that is crazy and I suspect everyone here who wants this one badly, will now feel better.

The Moose is Loose!

Great news on the Bull Moose price! I was struggling with the initial pricing, but I would have had to pay anything for this album. I’m so happy there is now a reasonable price. Ordered!

Btw, I’ve had this avatar since we first heard about this surround mix, which I think was about 3 years ago. That’s how much I want this!

While Clint will be shocked that I find the music sort of fascinating......

GOS 3.0 cannot order this. :(

If the price drops to $59 [OR less], even Ralphie 2.0 might find it irresistible!

Face Facts, Gene: Old Habits ARE HARD TO BREAK!

Unfortunately, 5.1 TRUMPS 3.0!

And Steve Wilson usually doesn't choose remix projects he's not invested in.

Isn't Bull Moose the vendor that had problems fulfilling the Rush release? Just saying

Now my crazy brain is thinking that the the initial release price was a subliminal ruse to condition your thinking that $79.00 is a good deal :mad:@:

Back