Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK folks, we can all breathe easier now. Bull Moose has it listed for $69. Chances are Import CDs or Amazon USA will come in even lower.

EDIT: I also notice that Bull Moose's listing says that the MSRP for the set is $89.98, so you certainly won't see any U.S. retailer charging more than that.

Thanks for letting us know, privateuniverse!
I may buy from Bull Moose but I will wait for amazon.com to post their preorder page and price before deciding who to buy from, but as long as it's less than $100 and I can get it on release day, that's all that matters to me!

:)

Isn't Bull Moose the vendor that had problems fulfilling the Rush release? Just saying

Now my crazy brain is thinking that the the initial release price was a subliminal ruse to condition your thinking that $79.00 is a good deal :mad:@:

I don’t have experience with the Rush release, but Amazon has been a lot less reliable for me with pre-orders lately. I’ve never had a problem with Bull Moose and their price is $20 less

Isn't Bull Moose the vendor that had problems fulfilling the Rush release? Just saying

This is true. However, Bull Moose also readily had copies of the stand-alone blu-ray of Steven Wilson's latest, while it took Amazon USA ages to fill people's orders on that one. You never know.... I will say that I have always found Bull Moose reliable. Plus all orders over $30 get free shipping and you don't pay sales tax unless you live in Maine or New Hampshire.

I don’t have experience with the Rush release, but Amazon has been a lot less reliable for me with pre-orders lately. I’ve never had a problem with Bull Moose and their price is $20 less

Moose is usually very, very good. Do what I do, just order from both....if you're worried. Then if the price shakes out even more....cancel one of the 2 orders.

OK - I'll come clean. I tried that trick with Sgt Pepper box...only I forgot I had 2 orders and ended up with 2 of them. :mad:@:

AMAZON US pre-order price now up(drum roll for Ryan)......HERE

I preordered it this morning.
Not as good of a price as Bull Moose (yet...) but it’s still so much better than the current prices from the European amazon stores.

Hope the price decreases further over these next two months! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Bullmoose...but as far as prices goes... it's too early to see where the best deal will be.....amazon US is listing it at the full retail price...so that will come down...importcds and deepdiscount will be in the mix...I would wait...I know this is an important title for you but it's not a main stream title that will fly off the shelves...of course there is the Steven Wilson factor...you could always pre-order from amazon now(they won't charge your credit card until it ships) and watch the other outlets and monitor their prices...you aren't going to get shutout on this title...there is plenty of time to make up your mind..

This is true. However, Bull Moose also readily had copies of the stand-alone blu-ray of Steven Wilson's latest, while it took Amazon USA ages to fill people's orders on that one. You never know.... I will say that I have always found Bull Moose reliable. Plus all orders over $30 get free shipping and you don't pay sales tax unless you live in Maine or New Hampshire.

I like the Moose...you can actually talk to someone there if you have a question...and they have a points system for discounts on future purchases....when they are competitive with the other outlets...I go with them...amazon is at the bottom of the list for me...but I know a lot of people have paid for Prime shipping so I can understand why they use amazon...importcds is always the first consideration...if you buy enough of these titles.... the money you save starts to add up....and I love to find the deals:)...and of course deepdiscount always gets a look..

I like the Moose...you can actually talk to someone there if you have a question...and they have a points system for discounts on future purchases....when they are competitive with the other outlets...I go with them...amazon is at the bottom of the list for me...but I know a lot of people have paid for Prime shipping so I can understand why they use amazon...importcds is always the first consideration...if you buy enough of these titles.... the money you save starts to add up....and I love to find the deals:)...and of course deepdiscount always gets a look..

I do have free Prime shipping. But the problem with Amazon for me is the sales tax charge, in this case an extra $9.22. No problem with Bull Moose on the tax issue. I can never buy from Importcds again after them never reconciling my Pink Floyd Early Years box order (they never got me the missing Obscured by Clouds remix disc and made me return the whole box and make me wait two months before receiving a replacement, only to have me discover the same disc missing from the replacement box set). I still haven't heard the remix :mad:

I ordered from Bull Moose.

When you compare the price BullMoose is charging for Heavy Horses vs Roxy Music it's pretty instructive re value for money.... My concern is the 1999 mastering for the cd. 1 version. Its heavily criticised online. Does anyone here have or heard about this version?
I have the original vinyl pressing (two copies) and a cassette edition but never got a cd. I'm a fan of this album and feel torn making a decison. Wonder if Ferry interfered too much with this and turned down Wilson's stereo version....as well as including Pajamarama and The Numberer still have my original 45.

Amazon has completely blown it for me. They never sent me a copy of Wilson's To The Bone despite a pre-order, and their pricing for the R.E.M., INXS, and Eagles did not seem to be competitive in the days leading up to release. Out of frustration, I cancelled all those orders with Amazon and got them from Bullmoose and importcds, depending on price + shipping.

When you compare the price BullMoose is charging for Heavy Horses vs Roxy Music it's pretty instructive re value for money.... My concern is the 1999 mastering for the cd. 1 version. Its heavily criticised online. Does anyone here have or heard about this version?
I have the original vinyl pressing (two copies) and a cassette edition but never got a cd. I'm a fan of this album and feel torn making a decison. Wonder if Ferry interfered too much with this and turned down Wilson's stereo version....as well as including Pajamarama and The Numberer still have my original 45.

Like I said in an earlier post, “Pyjamarama” seems to be more in line with “For Your Pleasure”, based on when it was recorded & released.
The exclusion of “The Numberer” is a little puzzling, but I personally think it’s not that good of a track, so it’s possible that Ferry & co. felt the same way and decided not to include it.

Not a big deal breaker for me though since we still get the full album and “Virginia Plain” in 5.1 Surround!

:)

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's not available now :mad:@:

But it will be again - it's early on with this one, it's going to fluctuate - I'm hanging on for now and will check the usual suspects into the new year when it all settles down.

Hell, I had in mind that $100 was the very very very upper limit and I'd bite my tongue really hard if I had to pay even that - a revised list price of $90 is a price I can deal with, and I'd guess that better deals will happen by in the next 6-8 weeks.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's not available now :mad:@:

I don't know what is going on with amazon...if that isn't strange enough... amazon UK still has the wrong price and it hasn't changed....HERE

But the Moose is still on the loose at this price

For me... amazon has become a last resort when I need something...a few years ago it was first...I think the direction of the company is all over the place instead of focusing on their core business...maybe the better question is... do they really know what their core business is at this time....

Back