New Stones album announced, coming in September - Hackney Diamonds (CD + Atmos Blu-Ray Box Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually there was a special edition CD with the original (working) zipper - I have a copy.
That was a nice special edition series for a few of the Stones albums - one of the first that had an odd sized jewel case that made it into my collection. I don't think I have seen a release like that again that is actually a mini-LP CD in a cardboard sleeve surrounded by a larger plastic jewel slipcase .

That was a nice special edition series for a few of the Stones albums - one of the first that had an odd sized jewel case that made it into my collection. I don't think I have seen a release like that again that is actually a mini-LP CD in a cardboard sleeve surrounded by a larger plastic jewel slipcase .
My CD of Goat's Head Soup is like that

That's the one! Also have Goats Head Soup in that packaging.

Seems like a couple of people are surprised that this exists. Here's a couple of pics showing it.
SF1.jpg
SF2.jpg

Another great song... Lady Gaga goes gospel! This album could a classic...

Looks like Giles Martin may have mixed this in Atmos looking at the credits of the new song on Tidal...
I was a bit underwhelmed by the mix yesterday, Mick was almost inaudible towards the end of the song, with Lady Gaga dominating on the rear speakers. I need to listen again because I really liked the song, but mix was pretty much meh, from my point of view

Seems like a couple of people are surprised that this exists. Here's a couple of pics showing it.
View attachment 96701View attachment 96702

I have the whole series of these (Sticky Fingers through Tattoo You) - they were nicely done. Exile had a reproduction of the original postcards and Goats Head Soup had the original "soup" insert photo. Since I worked at a record store at the time I got a nice discount on these. :) (photo below is not mine, just one I found somewhere)

1696196680299.jpeg

I was a bit underwhelmed by the mix yesterday, Mick was almost inaudible towards the end of the song, with Lady Gaga dominating on the rear speakers. I need to listen again because I really liked the song, but mix was pretty much meh, from my point of view
Ha, funny I had exactly the same experience… But it was possibly more down to a faux pas on my end? Lady Gaga was so loud towards the end I had to check my speaker levels - and lo and behold I’d set my rears and heights to +5db on the Marantz AVR. Admittedly she’s still quite loud, but once corrected I found it much better and at least an interesting interpretation. I must’ve been futzing with something else before and forgotten. 🤭

I dont understand Why this Cd+Blu ray edition is so expensive
Where are you looking for it? The Rolling Stones web store has it for $55+shipping in the US. Not cheap, but not THAT expensive for a BD (with Hi res stereo and Atmos mixes) + CD box set which includes a 64 pg booklet and lenticular cover.

Where are you looking for it? The Rolling Stones web store has it for $55+shipping in the US. Not cheap, but not THAT expensive for a BD (with Hi res stereo and Atmos mixes) + CD box set which includes a 64 pg booklet and lenticular cover.
There are many new releases in the same format (no special booklet) for less than half the price of this one

Back