Santana "Welcome" 7-inch Sony Japan MultiCh SACD coming November 29th, 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just made my first ever CD Japan order, Welcome + Caravanserai. I'm very nervous about it, so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.
Given my own recent first-time experience, I think there is nothing to be nervous about. It went as smoothly and similarly quick as a local order, despite the distance. The only surprise was the VAT handling in my case (EU orders over EUR 150 are handled differently than smaller orders, had to pay a lot of extra fees to DHL for that).

Your “patience” is an inspiration to all of us who might have thought the same thing about postage savings with a future order, but then decided “screw it” and ordered now before their first allotment ran out. I get the sense it was mainly us who burned through their initial allotment.
Ha ha! Ordered…

Yeassss!!!

Good timing too, as we settle in with our four new Quadio titles, a few DV things arrived or going to arrive very soon, and while we contemplate what might be next from Rhino, we get a very delectable and quite collectible quad mix SACD from Sony Japan. Vintage quadraphonic masters are now rolling out in a nice consistent manner, without too painful wait times between titles. It's like the 70's and early 80's when the releases were coming out faster than you could buy them. Classic albums in quad! Welcome has long been a Santana fan's favorite too. This will rival Caravanserai, or even top it for a "must have" SACD in it's 70's quad mix. It's 1973 here, what more can I say?
Too bad it didn't happen with those early Steely Dan releases recently. 😕

I've just made my first ever CD Japan order, Welcome + Caravanserai. I'm very nervous about it, so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.
I ordered this one in the middle of the night!! I awake for a pee break and look at QQ before I drift off....How's that for dedication... 🤪
I've got nothing but praise for CD Japan. Your order will be A OK 👍

I ordered this one in the middle of the night!! I awake for a pee break and look at QQ before I drift off....How's that for dedication... 🤪
I've got nothing but praise for CD Japan. Your order will be A OK 👍
Yea I was just not sure about what options to go with, in the end I pre-paid the VAT and went with plain old Air Mail.

What else did you order?
Spill your guts, Ralphie! lol
Well, another Jazz SHM SACD [Oscar Peterson and Louis Armstrong on VERVE], 1 Jazz MQA CD [Paco de Lucia BEST], 2 DGG Classical MQA CDs, one SHM CD [Linda Ronstadt] and WELCOME

I also had 2719y in CD Japan bonus points which helped to offset DHL s/h and again did NOT have to pay US sales tax [in NY 8.375%] or Import duties of any kind!

Last edited:
AVKXAg7.jpg

Done!

Regards,

Last edited:
Yea I was just not sure about what options to go with, in the end I pre-paid the VAT and went with plain old Air Mail.
I found Air Mail is pretty slow compared to DHL/FedEx (possiblely due to customs backlogs), and I stopped using it when I had the first 4 Tangerine Dream stereo SACDs never arrive, then CDJapn said they'd been returned and reimbursed me. CDJapan is one of the best companies out there, their packaging is first class.

I found Air Mail is pretty slow compared to DHL/FedEx (possiblely due to customs backlogs), and I stopped using it when I had the first 4 Tangerine Dream stereo SACDs never arrive, then CDJapn said they'd been returned and reimbursed me. CDJapan is one of the best companies out there, their packaging is first class.
What we refer to in the States as a SLAM DUNK, Dunc!

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered it combined with Super Session which I passed on at first, but hearing how much people are liking the quad mix convinced me. DHL this time, only a few bucks more than registered air mail and guaranteed to be much faster.

Back