4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't necessarily say to me that they are anti-quad, but just what are their concerns? I think that right now we still have a large crop of available quads so that we don't have to worry too much about it short term. I would hope that they will eventually come around and if not lets bombard them with a letter writing campaign, "We want your Quadios"!

Or else a petition, but I think that individual letters would have more impact.

Last edited:
This is only a phenomenon that affects third party reissue labels like MoFi and Dutton. First parties like Rhino (Warner) and Sony Japan can still release whatever they'd like at any time, even titles currently on license to third parties.

Apparently not , as in the case of S&G's Quad Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Japanese SACD !

Okay, so the next (May 2024) batch is now old news.
What's new news?
That mystery box has been pushed up to this month!
Good!!! Income taxes are done and a refund is forthcoming, all of it dedicated to essential life-sustaining products such as Quadios, Atmos Blu-rays, DV SACDs, etc. :SB

That also sounds like Paul Simon. Firstly I don't understand why an artist would want to block the release of any of his works. Secondly, I previously went so far as to say that an artist should not be able to block re-release of any of their works. Aside from my "radical" comment/belief (which will do nothing to free up this material) I would suggest that, if those reports are true then we should all start a massive letter writing campaign targeting those reluctant artists. Beg, plead and reason with them.
I'm one hundred per cent with you on the Paul Simon quad albums , Ken

He has 3 quad incredible albums , with his 'Self Titled' Paul Simon , Here Comes Rhymin Simon, and Still Crazy After All These Years.

One must wonder , as he did release a surround DVDA .."Your The One" on WEA.

Does he have an axe to grind ? But with who, his former Producer ? Who knows, all I know is we can't seem to get those albums.

He was on Steven Colbert a short while ago and he mentioned songs he liked and would do....suchas....Me And Julio Down By The SchoolYard,
The Boxer , and a few others.

And in the case of The Eagles quads (all two of them) it is a well known fact that they can't agree on anything. Thus their term ;

WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER

It's really a shame , because the quad album "One These Nights" is a stellar quad mixed album that really rocks!

And the quad mix of the title track runs at a slightly faster tempo than the stereo version; and the backing vocals are different. More like they are in your living room. Really cool.

Last edited:
This is only a phenomenon that affects third party reissue labels like MoFi and Dutton. First parties like Rhino (Warner) and Sony Japan can still release whatever they'd like at any time, even titles currently on license to third parties.
Yes I most certainly did read your post..., did you read mine ?

Apparently not as in the case of S&G Bridge Over Troubled Waters Quad Japanese SACD.

Explain "Sony Japan can still release whatever they'd like at any time, even titles currently on license to third parties "

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm one hundred per cent with you on the Paul Simon quad albums , Ken

He has 3 quad incredible albums , with his 'Self Titled' Paul Simon , Here Comes Rhymin Simon, and Still Crazy After All These Years.

One must wonder , as he did release a surround DVDA .."Your The One" on WEA.

Does he have an axe to grind ? But with who, his former Producer ? Who knows, all I know is we can't seem to get those albums.

He was on Steven Colbert a short while ago and he mentioned songs he liked and would do....suchas....Me And Julio Down By The SchoolYard,
The Boxer , and a few others.
But even Simon admits that he finds “59th Street Bridge Song” to be cringeworthy.

Explain "Sony Japan can still release whatever they'd like at any time, even titles currently on license to third parties "

🤷‍♂️
Absolutely true. Bridge wasn't even on license to anyone else at the time the 7" hybrid multichannel SACD was announced (and then pulled). Please read:

"Quadblocking" is a term used here to mean that a licensed stereo/mono reissue by one label has "blocked" that album's quad mix from being released by another, at least until the former's license expires. Artists are free to veto any of their work being released on any label, of course, under most circumstances. That's a separate issue.

It's only a week away, it'll be here in a flash.
Today’s the 10th already did you see that!
Some really incredible Rhino surround stuff is on tap here, this spring and summer listening is going to be a wonderful immersive experience with all of these new releases.

Btw, I am getting a tax refund on state, and fed is about even, so it's good times for sure.

Back