RUSH - Moving Pictures reissue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the old quality manager coming out in me. The written description always takes precedence over the picture. If they send me a BluRay, I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow their door down. LOL

Thanks for the warning. I found the DVD version and ordered it too. Guess I'll have my first BluRay. That means I'll need a player and a new receiver....

The new order cost $20.69. $17.99 plus tax and shipping.

2276808 is the SKU for the BluRay
2276635 is the SKU for the DVDA

Pretty easily. The Utah stores won't actually reserve the items and the customer service people will go get the product off the shelf when you arrive to pick it up, assuming they have any left.... and usually for the type of stuff I buy they don't. I no longer use the pick it up in store option.

Looks like I need to cancel my Amazon order for the CD+DVD-Audio version, since Best Buy appears to be stocking both versions, and for less money. Watch me get screwed on this though. I wish they had free shipping on it, then I'd just order it for delivery. Still might though, if the stores don't actually get them in. $1.69 per item shipping, plus tax, still beats Amazon.

At these prices I'll buy both and compare them.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait and see, I can probably think of some good reason to be in the neighborhood of a Best Buy in early April. Until I get it in my hands I'll keep my Amazon pre-order.

B004MOMT2M seems to no longer be listed on amazon.ca

I noticed that too. My pre-order is still in my Amazon account but the link to the item goes nowhere. Looks like another phone call. :confused:

Update:
I cancelled my order and placed a new order for ASIN B004S0GJZS which is $15.99 and is listed as the deluxe CD + DVD to be released on April 5.

Last edited:
wavelength thanks for hint.
anyone found any confirmation that this would be DVDA but not ADVD?
i'm tempted to place order for two sets at $15.66 price tag but if this ADVD with DTS/DD only,
obviously wouldn't want it even for free.

Looks like Amazon.ca finally has the proper cd\bluray listed with the same ASIN as amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004MNVKVO/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Now the question is to order the sure bet for a lossless surround(the Bluray) or order the cd\dvd and hope it does in fact have a dvd audio layer.

peter

Peter, the DVD definitely, without any doubt whatsoever, has a DVD-A layer.
I know the man who is authoring it, and we are in very safe hands indeed - he's the best there is at this game.

Peter, the DVD definitely, without any doubt whatsoever, has a DVD-A layer.
I know the man who is authoring it, and we are in very safe hands indeed - he's the best there is at this game.

Thanks, for that information Neil. I can't see any reason to get the Blu-Ray then as I won't be spending any time watching videos put on these disk's and I would think the DVDA uncompressed would sound just as good as the DTS-Master on the Blu-ray.
Way to go Rush, you did it right this time, why couldn't they have put a DVDA layer on with Snakes and Arrows.

peter

Guess you haven't watched a lot of those concert BR's out there.

And when they are done as they should be, damn good they are too.
Which makes it even worse when I pony up for the Clapton/Winwood MSG BD disc to find LPCM stereo at 16/48 and DTS core audio.
All those extra bits, and we get - better video with no better audio than the SD.
As pointless as the DualDisc........

I was reading an article from another post and saw this...

"Blu-ray discs will also feature DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound in addition to 96kHz/24-bit PCM 5.1 surround sound and stereo."

Is there any inherent difference in one versus the other as far as information recorded or anything different in the way one would sound over the other, as far s DTS-HD Master Audio surround or 96kHz/24-bit PCM 5.1 surround sound."?

I was reading an article from another post and saw this...

"Blu-ray discs will also feature DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound in addition to 96kHz/24-bit PCM 5.1 surround sound and stereo."

Is there any inherent difference in one versus the other as far as information recorded or anything different in the way one would sound over the other, as far s DTS-HD Master Audio surround or 96kHz/24-bit PCM 5.1 surround sound."?

Shouldn't be, but doesn't hurt to have both just in case something is messed up in the authouring etc.

Having both is a total waste of bits.
No need whatsoever, as DTS-HD MAS decoding up to 7.1 is mandatory on all Blu Ray players regardless.
PCM wastes space that could be better used.....but hey.
It's not like a DVD-A/V, where you needs must duplicate content because of player inconsistencies (firmware).

And when they are done as they should be, damn good they are too.
Which makes it even worse when I pony up for the Clapton/Winwood MSG BD disc to find LPCM stereo at 16/48 and DTS core audio.
All those extra bits, and we get - better video with no better audio than the SD.
As pointless as the DualDisc........

Yup Vai has a similar issue. Thank goodness there are only a few like that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back