RUSH - Moving Pictures reissue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As they are lossless they should sound identical, except for how your equipment handles it and if you are running HDMI vs. analog, e.g. RCVR vs. Player DACs. Example: An Oppo BDP-83 playing both via HDMI should be identical, but if I was using my old Denon DVD-3910 via the analogs I might prefer the sound of the DVD-Audio vs. the Blu-ray over the HDMI of the Oppo.

Well you nailed that %100 Mike. I also have an old Denon DVD-3910 via the analogs and also prefer the DVD-Audio option when it is still available. Nothing against Blu-Ray overall though, its just that I like the sound of the Denon's DVD-3910's DAC's compared to my Toshiba BR player and Denon AVR 3310 receiver via HDMI combo.

Looks like the release date has been pushed back. (From Amazon.com)

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed. Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Rush "Moving Pictures - Deluxe Edition [CD + Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: May 09 2011 - May 13 2011

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Not sure about the CD+DVD-Audio version (I have it ordered also) I have not received a notification about it.....yet.

Dennis

Well not surprising re the delay. It seems to be a regular occurrence on almost every hi-rez release. After thinking about it, I will be supporting the Blu-Ray release. Under the circumstances of both being available, Blu-Ray is hopefully the way of the future for music releases and I don't want to send a mixed signal at this point by supporting DVD-Audio when both are available.

I ordered the DVD Audio version and so far have received no such notification. Of course anything is possible, including the complete cancellation of the DVDA in favor of the bluray. That would not surprise me.

Got the delayed message too; I ordered both almost just to see what would happen. At least it still appears coming and with Vapor Trails talked about, I have a reasonable confidence level about all of this activity for our benefit.

Well not surprising re the delay. It seems to be a regular occurrence on almost every hi-rez release. After thinking about it, I will be supporting the Blu-Ray release. Under the circumstances of both being available, Blu-Ray is hopefully the way of the future for music releases and I don't want to send a mixed signal at this point by supporting DVD-Audio when both are available.

Well, not all titles are delayed & delayed again. A lot seem to be though.
Sorry Guy, but I disagree here despite the fact I am spending more cash than I care to think about gearing up for this.
The best forms for music surround/High Rez releases is CD/DVD-A/V packs.
Blu Ray is just too expensive to create.

Well, not all titles are delayed & delayed again. A lot seem to be though.
Sorry Guy, but I disagree here despite the fact I am spending more cash than I care to think about gearing up for this.
The best forms for music surround/High Rez releases is CD/DVD-A/V packs.
Blu Ray is just too expensive to create.

Where is that next group of KC DVD-A's anyway? :)

I'm not considering the cost, just the future and what are the best options for the future for hi-resolution surround music. To me it's Blu-Ray. When I see something new being released on DVD-A it's kind of a surprise and a "blast from the past" for me. When I see it being released on BR I think to myself that this is forward thinking and it's not surprising.

This release is a tough call. I'm all blu-ray, all the way most of the time, but DVD-A is so much easier to rip into your HTPC... Ripping audio from blu-ray is so work intensive.

Oh well, better to have too many choices that no product to choose from at all!

I thought that the DVD version would likely get pushed back too, but it looks like it's going to make its expected release. I'm going to stick with my blu-ray preorder. As much as I like DVD-A, if my Denon breaks it's a bit more difficult/expensive to replace than my cheap blu-ray player. So, I'll have to wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back