Gentle Giant - (most of) Octopus in 5.1 coming soon!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tracks we couldn't remix due to missing multis will be upmixed in 5.1 (through Penteo) from the original stereo mix.

No computer animations this time, it was a one-off.

Great, if done well I bet many would not even know!

I just noticed that the label is Alucard which is Dracula backwards. Is there any story behind that?

I just noticed that the label is Alucard which is Dracula backwards. Is there any story behind that?

Alucard Music is their company (started by Kerry & Leslie Minnear). The name comes from a track on their debut album.

Alucard Music is their company (started by Kerry & Leslie Minnear). The name comes from a track on their debut album.
Thanks. Just looked at the lyrics for that track and it's clearly about Dracula.

The tracks we couldn't remix due to missing multis will be upmixed in 5.1 (through Penteo) from the original stereo mix.

No computer animations this time, it was a one-off.

Thanks for the info! This is what I was hoping for. I couldn't imagine listening to a familiar record where you know the track list by heart and all of a sudden something expected isn't there. Would've been nice to have another visual extravaganza like P&G, but as we all know, it's the audio that counts!

Thanks for upmixing! Leaving these in stereo would have ruined it for me somewhat, cause this is a record that should be listened to in its entirety.

"Octopus" is also available to preorder now from Steven Wilson's store Headphone Dust:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/gentle-giant-octopus-sw-remix-blu-raycd/

....for those who didn't get the "hint" the first time. :smokin (Thanks RT:))

The missing tracks are the three strongest, IMHO so that is a huge heart-break, but it is what it is...
...to get the rest of Octopus in 5.1 AND the live bits, is a blessing of Kingly proportions, indeed!

When I fell in love with GG: Octopus, P&G and Free Hand, back in the seventies I never thought we would
get these precision ultra-high fidelity remixes! WOW. :music

Eternal gratitude to Plan9 & SW and all involved here. :cool:

-edit- Just ordered Octopus & Fragile from SW's site. $61.00 USD total. I don't care to try and save a few pennies.
I just want these, mui pronto, and I wanna support Steven as best I can.

... the only problem was the handsome young lad would not sell me JT: Too Old To Rock N Roll... :violin

Back