Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, as usual, all Lucy said was they would be getting a similar deluxe treatment. That certainly doesn't guarantee they will have a 5.1. I think we all know that to be fact. Many asked her directly if Steven W would do 5.1 for all. No answer. :)

Thanks for the assist GOS.

Gotta keep the faith that SW will be involved throughout the campaign. UNBELIEVABLE - My dreams fulfilled.

EMI Era Studio Albums:
Script for a Jester's Tear
Fugazi
Misplaced Childhood
Clutching at Straws
Seasons End
Holidays in Eden
Brave
Afraid of Sunlight

Wish that they could sneak Marbles into this bunch.

marillion 2.JPG

Well - At least we will get two out of three best 5.1 prospects. Maybe he will find time to do Clutching.

Does Mr. Steven Wilson ever sleeps?!:worthy I'm beginning to doubt it.:D Although I do not mind... We need mooooore SW 5.1 mixes!!!

Glad to hear that there's already more to look forward to in the future besides "Misplaced Childhood"!
If "Brave" and all of the other deluxe editions are like "Misplaced Childhood", this will definitely be one of the best reissue initiatives that we have seen!

:)

As incredibly happy as I am right now about Misplaced, the brief moment from "all catalogue will be done" and "Steven Wilson won't do other Fish era albums" had been happier.

Unfortunately I could never manage to appreciate the albums following Fish's departure, so for me Brave is more an occasion to say "why not Script/Fugazi/Clutching". Then, again, maybe somebody capable enough will take care of those. Hopefully in 5.1.

As incredibly happy as I am right now about Misplaced, the brief moment from "all catalogue will be done" and "Steven Wilson won't do other Fish era albums" had been happier.

Unfortunately I could never manage to appreciate the albums following Fish's departure, so for me Brave is more an occasion to say "why not Script/Fugazi/Clutching". Then, again, maybe somebody capable enough will take care of those. Hopefully in 5.1.

Some would say that I'm a peculiar Marillion fan! I was at university in London in the early 80's, and I saw Marillion live with Fish many times in those days, and was a big fan of the band. When Fish left and Steve Hogarth joined I didn't particularly like the first 2 albums that the "new" band made, but when Brave came out, this was such a great album that I was back in with them big time. The thing that makes me peculiar is that I struggle nowadays to listen to and enjoy Fish era Marillion, and I have no idea why this is! I listened to Clutching At Straws at the weekend for the first time in ages, and it wasn't unpleasant, but just not great to me, I don't know what's happened to me!! If I had to pick my top 5 Marillion albums now, they would all be Hogarth era ones.

I'm definitely in for this new Misplaced Childhood though, to try and rekindle the flame, and I'll be first in the queue when the new Brave comes out :)

Back