Yes Relayer coming in 5.1 by Steven Wilson

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a note in front of the booklet about how SW could not replicate the 'battle sounds' in the middle section (sources are unknown, probably blended in during the original 2-track mixdown). So they're absent from the new mixes. No one's noticed this yet?

I've had a chance to compare the original mix to the new mix, and as far as I can detect, the only sound effect missing from the new mix is what sounds like an audience cheering at a concert, which begins at about 8:50 on the Rhino CD.

J. D.

I finally opened the package (box) this BD was shipped in today and noticed it wasn't contained in shrink-wrap. Anyone else receive their BD / DVD-A via Burning Shed in a plastic envelope style insert?

I finally opened the package (box) this BD was shipped in today and noticed it wasn't contained in shrink-wrap. Anyone else receive their BD / DVD-A via Burning Shed in a plastic envelope style insert?

All my Yes Blu Rays have come in plastic envelopes.

Mine came in one and I somehow cut it while cutting open the silly packaging that importcds.com uses. Luckily I missed the "case" if that's what it's called.

There is a manufacturer sticker on the outer wrapping.

Not anymore...I cannot hear from you hitting me in the head with that lol sign. :yikes:mad:@:

In all seriousness, there are some good Blues numbers on this one and a bunch of variety. Though, still not sure if it's a surround purchase for me.

It's too bad about the blatent authoring error in this. When selecting 5.1 lpcm from the audio setup menu, it starts playing it in stereo, every time.

It's too bad about the blatent authoring error in this. When selecting 5.1 lpcm from the audio setup menu, it starts playing it in stereo, every time.

Yeah, what's up with that? I have to change it on the fly every time. Oh well it's worth the minor hick-up.

To my shame I've still not got around to playing the Relayer BDA yet, just had too much else going on and too many new things to listen to when I've had any free time but I hope to give it (and the PF Endless BDA among other things) a first spin next week. Looking forward to it!

I've only gotten around to making a copy of the CD for the car, but haven't even played that yet. I've got a stack of disks sitting here sealed still. 4 Seasons, Miles Davis, TFF, etc.

Hi, I has followed this forum for a while, but this is my first post. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to address this issue, but feel free to direct me to the correct one. OK, here is my issue; I recently bought a Sony BDPS5200 Blu Ray player, I found with a good discount, I was testing it with the Yes Relayer Blu Ray, and found that when I select the DTS HD MA option, my Denon receiver only decodes DTS Sorround part, (It is connected by HDMI). I checked with several Video BD, as the new Genesis Seconds out, The Doors Feast Of Friends, Rolling Stones Hampton, and in every case, the DTS HD MA decodes well in my receiver, so I guess there is no problem with the audio settings in the player. I made further testing with other MUSIC ONLY BD ,including the other Yes titles, (CTTE, TYA) and King Crimson Lars Tongues In Aspic, and in every case, when choosing the DTS HD MA option, the receiver only identifies the DTS Surround part, so:
Audio BD: NO DTS HD MA is detected/ decoded.
Video BD: DTS HD MA detected/decoded OK.
This is very weird as my 4+ years old Sony and Samsung players, have no issues outputing the DTS HDMA with those same discs.
Any thoughts or theories why this behavior? Any setting that I'm not aware of?
Please, need your expert advise, if not fixable I will definitely returning the Sony. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I has followed this forum for a while, but this is my first post. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to address this issue, but feel free to direct me to the correct one. OK, here is my issue; I recently bought a Sony BDPS5200 Blu Ray player, I found with a good discount, I was testing it with the Yes Relayer Blu Ray, and found that when I select the DTS HD MA option, my Denon receiver only decodes DTS Sorround part, (It is connected by HDMI). I checked with several Video BD, as the new Genesis Seconds out, The Doors Feast Of Friends, Rolling Stones Hampton, and in every case, the DTS HD MA decodes well in my receiver, so I guess there is no problem with the audio settings in the player. I made further testing with other MUSIC ONLY BD ,including the other Yes titles, (CTTE, TYA) and King Crimson Lars Tongues In Aspic, and in every case, when choosing the DTS HD MA option, the receiver only identifies the DTS Surround part, so:
This is very weird as my 4+ years old Sony and Samsung players, have no issues outputing the DTS HDMA with those same discs.
Please, need your expert advise, if not fixable I will definitely returning the Sony. Thanks in advance.

You have to turn off the setting for BD-Audio-Mix in audio settings. :)

Sounds like an HDMI audio output issue.

I'm not familiar with the model in question but the chances are you have an HDMI audio output option that lets you select between PCM or Bitstream. Whilst either setting doesn't affect the quality, it actually affects how the digital audio signal is processed:

PCM = Decoded by the Blu Ray Player

Bitstream = Decoded by the Receiver

Try flicking between the two to see if that fixes the issue.

Back