Bitches Brew Quadraphonic SACD from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fair enough :)
i know only too well its easy to get carried away about the surround aspect of some of this stuff but ultimately its all about the music, or rather maybe it ought to be (y)
Was rather tough for me to come to that conclusion. I'm supposed to like this album. But, at cdjapan's price point, it makes me think more. Like the double live Bob Dylan AF SACD.

Content is king:cool:..surround...and hi rez….those are just bonus items:LB
While I agree content is king, there have been many an album that I didn’t care for in stereo, but sound amazing to me in surround (example: “Interstellar Suite”)... I agree hi-Rez is just a bonus... it’s actually one of the least important factors to me!

While I agree content is king, there have been many an album that I didn’t care for in stereo, but sound amazing to me in surround (example: “Interstellar Suite”)... I agree hi-Rez is just a bonus... it’s actually one of the least important factors to me!

That's true...I've had that happen to me before...not often....but it does happen(y)

Was rather tough for me to come to that conclusion. I'm supposed to like this album. But, at cdjapan's price point, it makes me think more. Like the double live Bob Dylan AF SACD.

Baggy, I guarantee you the Bitches Brew SACDs will be more surround-y than the Live Dylan 5.1 (and that's a Fweddie pwomise, you can hold me to that!) (y)

I know exactly what you mean - there are a LOT of albums I'm "supposed" to like, but I just don't. I'm glad so many around here enjoyed the Talking Heads' brick, but I just don't get it, as I'm sure many don't get why I love Jellyfish and Toto so much.

It's a crazy mix...wild panning, trumpets bouncing around, the real deal. The music is a bit challenging, yes, but I can assure it's a very good surround mix and not live/ambient like that Dylan disc.

There's nothing wrong with saving your funds if the music really doesn't suit you though.

Baggy, I guarantee you the Bitches Brew SACDs will be more surround-y than the Live Dylan 5.1 (and that's a Fweddie pwomise, you can hold me to that!) (y)

One listen to the VooDoo track on AF's mch SACD compilation disc will give you a glimpse of what to expect. Wildly discrete and I'm almost certain the SONY Japan remaster will sound better than the AF track.

One listen to the VooDoo track on AP's compilation disc will give you a glimpse of what to expect. Wildly discrete and I'm almost certain the SONY Japan remaster will sound better than the AF track.
We'll, if someone can alert me when the price drops low again, it could always be a resale after a few listens...

Well .. to each her/his own.. but.. do you like a KILLER Quad mix better than a STEREO mix???
Not always. Killer, yes, but that is subjective. Not all quad mixes are killer to me. I tend to be a little turned off by drums in a corner (or to one side of stereo). There are exceptions, especially when ample percussion is panned opposite the drums.

I never heard this album in stereo back in the day because I was young and dumb.

I then heard the 5.1 DVDA that is "out there" and was completely blown away. Top 5 easily. You guys remember that stuff you heard the first time (Zeppelin "Black Dog", Aerosmith "Sweet Emotion" , Beatles, etc) and were like, "well that's certainly different, genius".

Content, sonics, ensamble, Miles himself, etc

this release is beyond a no brainer, and leave it to Japan (the Country and the People) to Master the Cover

so excited

Last edited:
I just signed up and glad to joing this commuinty of fellow multichannel music lovers! I have been eyeballing this release and would certainly like to have a copy, but there is one problem. I am in Canada and the price for this one on amazon.ca is $101.00!! I have also checked the importscds price and again, after shipping, exchange, coming across the border, that is still about $75.00 Cndn, maybe more! Does anyone here think this SACD will get a general release in USA and Canada? What about a blu-ray audio disc of this? That may go for a better price. Not trying to whine about it, but this is certainly cost-prohibitive for us Canadians. Looks like this would certainly be fantastic release. Would be willing to go around $50 Cndn after it is across, the border, but it doesn't look like the price is going to improve for us Canadians anytime soon. I am not asking anyone to sell me a copy, just looking for a better price, perhaps a later realease. I am from the Maritimes. Sit down, have a double-double, some toast with Maple Syrup and watch Anne of Green Gables or Bob and Doug McKenzie!

Back