Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used PayPal with double authentication, thus no breach notice. Eventually, we are going to have to supply a scan of the inside face of our left little piggies to keep the hackers at bay...It‘s endless!

Double authentication huh...wow...is that like double secret probation :whistle:

Haven't read through the recent posts but wanted to advise that the USPS is running slow due to undisclosed reasons. I ordered a disc from a seller on eBay. The package shipped - actually entered the mail stream - the day after I paid for the item. It then sat "in transit/awaiting acceptance" for 3 and half weeks at the facility where it entered the stream. Then, after showing no movement according to USPS tracking, it showed up within a day. A friend who works for the USPS has had the exact same issue with items he's ordered. Both of our experiences show that the item sits for what seems an inordinate amount of time then all of the sudden it arrives nearly immediately. It is not the sellers issue, it's the USPS' issue. My friend knows of no legitimate reason for the delay in processing items by the USPS. I might add the office he works for is in a relatively small town so perhaps there are issues in larger metropolitan areas that are affecting processing he is unaware of. Just my tcw.

I might add, if you're a conspiracy theorist, it may be a ploy by the postal union to discredit the current administration hoping to move votes to the other party come election day. I do not subscribe to that thought, but with the way many things are going recently it seems within the realm of possibility if you're inclined to go that direction.

Haven't read through the recent posts but wanted to advise that the USPS is running slow due to undisclosed reasons. I ordered a disc from a seller on eBay. The package shipped - actually entered the mail stream - the day after I paid for the item. It then sat "in transit/awaiting acceptance" for 3 and half weeks at the facility where it entered the stream. Then, after showing no movement according to USPS tracking, it showed up within a day. A friend who works for the USPS has had the exact same issue with items he's ordered. Both of our experiences show that the item sits for what seems an inordinate amount of time then all of the sudden it arrives nearly immediately. It is not the sellers issue, it's the USPS' issue. My friend knows of no legitimate reason for the delay in processing items by the USPS. I might add the office he works for is in a relatively small town so perhaps there are issues in larger metropolitan areas that are affecting processing he is unaware of. Just my tcw.
It is certainly getting weird. USPS tracking said that a package that was supposed to arrive next Tuesday actually got delivered yesterday, but 3000 miles away to Oregon! However, the package was in my mail box. WTF?

Just got the WMG breach letter In the mail yesterday.

“As an extra special ‘thank you’, we’re going to go ahead and delay your shipment indefinitely. This is in addition to our ludicrous, self-serving suggestions to make our fuck-up your responsibility by suggesting YOU do all the clean-up. You know — putting fraud alerts on all your accounts, changing all passwords, reissuing credit cards. Turning your quiet happy life upside down. And for not suing our negligent corporate asses back to the stone age like you should.”

Just got the WMG breach letter In the mail yesterday.

“As an extra special “thank you”, we’re going to go ahead and delay your shipment indefinitely. This is in addition to our ludicrous, self-serving suggestions to make our fuck up your responsibility by suggesting YOU do all the clean-up. You know — putting fraud alerts on all your accounts, changing all passwords, reissuing credit cards. Turning your quiet happy life upside down. And for not suing our negligent corporate asses back to the stone age like you should.”

Dear Eggplant:

Due to your bombastic rhetoric and unfound allegations, we are sending you instead of the BD~A Doobie Quadio Boxset, 4 DVD~Rs with needledrops from frankly scratchy CD~4 vinyl from the Doobies discography in sparkling Dolby Digital 4.0! [Tick, Tick, Pop, Pop, Swish]!

You SCREW with the RHINO .... you get the HORNS.🦏

Egbert Risoli, Esq.

RHINO CUSTOMER SERVICE LEGAL DEPARTMENT

Typical of my post office my breach letter which showed in my mail app was not delivered yesterday.....

I recently had an ebay purchase that the post office said was delivered to my mailbox on a Friday not show up until Monday
Go figure that.

So I am expecting delivery problems with my Quadio Doobies with the special bonus gift from rhino of a security breach.
They could not even bother to send me an email about it.
I'm sure the letter from Warners music group is not to tell me they feel bad about all the defective HD DVDs they sold and are offering free bluray replacements.

If they took the surround mixes from the quad mix that was done for these 4 albums, you folks will definitely enjoy them. I had the Q8 versions of Captain & Me and Stampede and they sounded great. When I listen to the stereo version of those 2 albums it seems they did a "fold down" of the quad mix to stereo which is interesting if true. The way the reverb "works" in the stereo mix along with panning choices and relative levels gives me that impression.

If they took the surround mixes from the quad mix that was done for these 4 albums, you folks will definitely enjoy them. I had the Q8 versions of Captain & Me and Stampede and they sounded great. When I listen to the stereo version of those 2 albums it seems they did a "fold down" of the quad mix to stereo which is interesting if true. The way the reverb "works" in the stereo mix along with panning choices and relative levels gives me that impression.

"Stampede" may be a mixdown i've never checked, given the chronology of both the album and the Quad being released in '75 its a possibility.

"The Captain & Me" was remixed for Quad a while after the original Stereo release... unless the Stereo source you're playing (is it a CD?) happens to have used the Quad mix, which wouldn't be totally unprecedented but for Warner product would be unusual.

Back