Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think once we have the goods in our hands we will be happy but rhino is sure sullying their reputation in the meanwhile.
I will not be ordering direct from them again.

Well, Warner is sullying Rhino's reputation. (And all the other Warner umbrella labels with e-commerce stores.) For instance: I had to check back through my Quicken records to see if I'd purchased anything directly from the Nonesuch store since the end of April. Luckily, Nonesuch also opened a Bandcamp store a while ago, and that's where I've been nabbing their releases recently.

If you look at the shipment progress, you should see that it went from Carlsbad CA to Fontana, CA...
That’s interesting. I live in Carlsbad, CA and my shipment too shipped from Carlsbad, CA yesterday to the UPS Center in Fontana, CA 71 miles away. My closest UPS center is in San Marcos, CA. What the heck??? If they would have just put it in one of the Carlsbad post offices, I probably would have had the Doobie Brothers in my hands today. Oh well....

When I received an email last Monday that my order had shipped 3-day Select (false advertising), I was excited because I thought I would have it in my hands by the end of the week, only to find out that it didn’t actually ship until release day. That’s okay! I still consider myself lucky because Rhino decided to release this box set first, weeks before retailers get it. Yes, I paid full price.

I'm not upset or worried at all. They likely printed out the shipping labels which generated tracking numbers and then generated emails, then they put the labels on the packages, and then get them ready for pick-up. And then later or the next day were picked up, and so-on.

I am surprised at the anger a few have expressed about this.

That explains it. I used to use Paypal, then several years ago I changed my email address and when later on I tried to logon to change the expiry on my credit card I was locked out. Changing you password is normally quite easy but of course their reply went to my old email. Paypal then refused to acknowlede my requests to change the email on my profile. I tried setting up another account but was told this account already exists. I thought I would state this before someone says - Why on earth did you not use Paypal!
Lots of fun now to clear up this mess.
You know I had something happen sort of like that with Ebay. Had to change my ID but my start date still reflected back to the original date/ID when I 1st joined.
...you know my Grandma used to say... "It's always something" :(

Last edited:
I am surprised at the anger a few have expressed about this.
No anger here, maybe a wee bit of frustration to get a misleading email that the product shipped, when in fact, it is false. I had mentioned earlier, it was nice back in the day when you pre-ordered something, generally speaking, the product showed up on release day or a day early. The Rhino site stated release date of September 4. If the intention is to ship out on release date itself, than that should be stated to the consumer as part of good customer service and transparency.

I blame Covid-19, these are not normal times 😔
And with that knowledge, to provide the best customer service, Rhino should have taken Covid-19 into account, and shipped appropriately for the potential shipping delays, or communicated that they would ship these on a specific date, not necessarily "release date."

Here in Texas if you go to the doctor and a few others.....the standard reply due to shitty service time is <Covid>
Maybe I’m lucky with Amazon, USPS, Fedex, and UPS. But, for the most part, I’ve seen very little to no delays in deliveries. My kids even received their passports in 4 weeks after being told 6-8 weeks because <Covid>
I think companies are using this as a disclaimer. But others are using it as a crutch. I hope it doesn’t last. I hope everybody gets theirs at least before next week is done.

really? must be better in Texas. Seems like almost everything I order from Amazon says it will take at least a week to arrive these days.

I can’t help but think how spoiled I’ve gotten too ))
I remember in junior high school I begged mom for Three Dog Night Greatest Hits. They told 4-6 weeks for delivery. With our POS old tv I thought it said 46 weeks for delivery. I don’t think it took that long. But it damn sure took Every bit of 6 weeks, and perhaps a little more. Summer was almost gone by the time I hit my hands on it. ))

UPS has my package in San Leandro. With Labor Day it probably won't be passed over to USPS any sooner than Tuesday.

Screen Shot.png

Back