Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a coincidence? Burning shed newsletter today has this for preorder.
1622750146886.png

Just now I was watching the "Outside the Wall" clip of David and Nick playing with Roger at the O2 Arena in London in 2011.
My, how much things have changed in the last 10 years...
Even then they certainly weren't best friends all up on that stage together, but they were so much more civil and cordial back then compared to how things are now.
It's kind of miraculous that we not only got the "Early Years" set back in 2016 (which seemed to be the moment when things began to sour again between them) but also that we will eventually get new 5.1 mixes of "Animals", "The Wall" and (hopefully) "The Final Cut" too!

Hope Springs Eternal! One step at a time, we are moving closer to these fruitions!

:)

I'm living in fear now when I check this thread daily. Today's email said 44 new posts since yesterday, and I'm afraid one of them is going to report a headline like:

"Gilmour cancels Animals reissue after Waters rant"

I'm hoping that whatever agreement Waters and Gilmour came to about the liner notes, it didn't preclude Waters posting them as he did, which could promote a backlash from Gilmour (like withdrawing the release). No news from Gilmour about what Waters said is good news (unless he's consulting his lawyers).

Apologies to anyone with a weak heart who may have read my "headline" out of context (which is why I went for quotation marks, rather than a big, bold font - though I couldn't resist the separate line :p).
I COMPLETELY agree with this, and I share your concern......

Alright, moving away from gossiping and entering into speculation territory: my bet is complete silence until July and then the announcement happening for a September/October release. That if we're not published by David releasing Pulse on Blu-ray and pushing Animals forward to 2022...
I would think the release date would be sometime during the Pink Floyd Exhibit happening later this year in LA

Well you certainly are entitled to your opinion .
But how does gossip help us obtain surround sound releases from Pink Floyd, with all due respect .

How I wish we had the power to compel PF like your question implies. Sadly, we have little-to-no influence on the releases regardless of what we post. I am going to politely resist your attempts to influence what others post about. Thanks and have a good weekend.

How I wish we had the power to compel PF like your question implies. Sadly, we have little-to-no influence on the releases regardless of what we post. I am going to politely resist your attempts to influence what others post about. Thanks and have a good weekend.

You have yourself a good weekend as well.;)

How I wish we had the power to compel PF like your question implies. Sadly, we have little-to-no influence on the releases regardless of what we post.
Sorry but I completely disagree. I'm pretty sure DG, RW, and NM check in here on a near daily basis to see how the gents at QQ are feeling about the situation. After the avalanche of posts to this thread and a couple others over the last week, I got a strong feeling deep in my gut that the release will likely happen by the end of the month. Also to have a followup on the rest of the remaining stereo only catalog by years end. Rumor is it will be a boxed set of quad, 5.1, and Atmos mixes with a inner liner page stating, "Dedicated to Quadraphonic Quad Crew" for their years of loyalty to multich audio in general and the Pink Floyd band specifically.

:51QQ

Or, maybe a battery powered box lid that barks or oinks when you open it.
Don't forget the baaah of a sheep!

I think this is another genuinely plausible extra (alongside the inflatable and popup). The Pulse CD originally came with a flashing LED in the case.

It might be asking too much to expect a flying sheep, though: tim hunkin/Pink Floyd's pigs and sheep (This is the guy who created flying sheep for the In The Flesh tour.)

I heard they're going to have a special deluxe large road case version of the box set with every show from the Animals tour mixed in both 5.1 and 4.0 surround. The 4.0 mixes will be faithful to the live quad mixes from the shows. The 5.1 mix will be a more discrete immersive mix. They just recently discovered full multitrack recordings from the tour. The band have asked Rick Wakeman to make a video announcement for this in honor of Rick Wright.

Back