George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming soon!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if the problem is due to the 5.1 stream being 192k (fairly rare?)
Maybe some players or receivers are set to top out lower than that, like at 96k.
Check settings folks!
Good theory, didn't pan out here. However I DID just get it to play the 5.1 24-192k track. The menu navigation was not 100% airtight tested, documenting steps now.

Last edited:
Here's the deal on playing the DTS-MA 5.1 24-192 surround track properly. Those who reported no issue with your BDP-103 player must've followed the latter instructions below.

What DOESN'T work:
1) Select Play Album first.
* (or think it was Audio Options because you couldn't discern the difference in the green/brown highlighting)
2) Then expect to select 'DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 24-192K' from the screen that displays all tracks audio stream options.
pass0.JPG

3) Any attempt to change streams from default 24-192K stereo will result in a) NO sound at all, no Main Menu, no eject. Locked up. You will have to turn the BDP103 player off to start over.

What DOES work:
1. Load the disc and wait for messages to complete.
* (why does disc art reflect Apple yet the screen logo used is for Capitol?)
2. MAIN MENU: Play Album / Audio Options appear in green 'option' / brown 'selected' fonts while menu track plays (with pointer) 24-96 according to Oppo Info display
* (typical rate for menu clips)
* (while this fits with the trees and leaves aesthetic - it's pretty hard to discern from across the room on a 46" LED set; on a 55" 4K LED set at 1/2 the distance is better)
3. Select Audio Options [brown 'selected'] and the screen adjusts to display the short menu of streams - (defaulted to 24-192K stereo with pointer)
pass1.JPG

4. To change Audio stream , arrow up to 'DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 24-192K' and press ENTER.
* (color buttons don't function)
pass2.JPG

5. With pointer @ 'DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 24-192K' selection is confirmed, the Main Menu is now brown 'selected'. Press ENTER.
6. Now that menu clip is playing again - 24-96K according to Oppo Info display. [you're not there yet]
pass3.JPG

7. Up arrow to select PLAY ALBUM and press ENTER. NOW you will hear the 24-192K 5.1 DTS-MA stream.
pass4.JPG

NOTE: Even though 'DOES Work' is successful and supports switching streams, be careful. I selected all of the streams OK and then when I returned to the 24-192K DTS MA option, it was broken/locked up again as in 'DOESN'T Work' version.

I think it's possible the 'DOESN'T Work' scenario may be possible on other machines. But following the 'DOES Work' (2nd) path should be fine on all players. In summary, it shouldn't matter and work BOTH ways.

I spoke to my friend and he said the replacement set behaved the same as the first. I told about the arrow/enter trick and said he had already figured that out and was able to change audio options. He said it is also difficult to skip ahead to different tracks, requiring him to push multiple buttons. Weird, huh?

This is not true on my copy, though the difference between green text (the default) and black (highlighted) is pretty hard to see.
Are you(or have you done) a youtube review on this?

i see ATMP is on Apple, but I am almost afraid to listen to my beloved George, due to the mess they made of IE Bohemian Rhapsody and Tiny Music etc

Can I assume the messes i mention are not straight from the artist/studio in ATMOS, but tinkered with by Apple?

I know Tiny music is great for you, and I trust your ears and have based all my purchases on your reviews, so I thought maybe Canada(like on Netflix) gets different mixes, etc, but I have a friend in New York who also said Tiny music is a muted mess(We are both on 4k box) as is Bohemian rhapsody.

You, being the man of all things surround,is there any digging into this you can do? Apple assures me they do not tinker with or make these ATMOS mixes.i am doubting that btw.

Love your channel

LIVE LIFE IN SURROUND

Are you(or have you done) a youtube review on this?

i see ATMP is on Apple, but I am almost afraid to listen to my beloved George, due to the mess they made of IE Bohemian Rhapsody and Tiny Music etc

Can I assume the messes i mention are not straight from the artist/studio in ATMOS, but tinkered with by Apple?

I know Tiny music is great for you, and I trust your ears and have based all my purchases on your reviews, so I thought maybe Canada(like on Netflix) gets different mixes, etc, but I have a friend in New York who also said Tiny music is a muted mess(We are both on 4k box) as is Bohemian rhapsody.

You, being the man of all things surround,is there any digging into this you can do? Apple assures me they do not tinker with or make these ATMOS mixes.i am doubting that btw.

Love your channel

LIVE LIFE IN SURROUND
I would assume you're not getting a different mix or master. I also don't think you'd be one to exaggerate, so if you're really hearing a "muted mess" I think something must be going wrong, somewhere in the signal chain from server to your ears.
I can tell you that Tidal made a mess of Tiny Music, for me. 2 muffled tracks, then a clear, loud one, a few muffled tracks, a loud one, and so forth.
Switching over to Apple it just sounds awesome, on my system. Better than I've ever heard on CD or the radio and nice and surroundy.
Btw, two other people in and passing through my household both gave similar feedback. Tidal sounds muffled and Apple sounds fine. That's still anecdotal, but it ain't just me!

Why you're hearing the album muffled, even on Apple, I just don't know. First guess is bandwidth? Maybe the various services have a way of throttling, lowering quality, if a certain bandwidth isn't detected?
We've learned from immersiveaudioalbum.com (IAA) downloads that there are umpteen ways to package Atmos, with varying degrees of compression.

I will be comparing ATMP from my BD to the version on Apple. I can tell you there, that I hear no substantial difference between, say, AFtP on BD and (at the time) on Tidal. Minor differences in definition, but the streaming Atmos was honestly enjoyable for me. Not a muffled mess.

Are there Atmos tracks on Apple that sound fine to you?

Seems like more resellers are getting on the bandwagon for the Uber Box set….must be not selling well at all….BLAME IT ON THE GNOMES!!!

https://elusivedisc.com/george-harr...nKdS7PuwrRqcOsm7LtMdtMbLj-gZEteaZdUFOz.KY8xPA
….can anyone 100% confirm that the LP’s are either mixed or mastered really badly or what

PS: Hoping this goes the way if GnR’s “Locked n Loaded” as far as pricing goes

….can anyone 100% confirm that the LP’s are either mixed or mastered really badly or what

Yes. This guy, who was actually on the album

Yes. This guy, who was actually on the album

Yes that was previously posted…not sure if it was a joke or not….but with the reviews being so good about the BR how could they get the LP’s so wrong…just do one for the BR, CD & LP’s…shouldn’t be that difficult or time consuming

Seems like more resellers are getting on the bandwagon for the Uber Box set….must be not selling well at all….BLAME IT ON THE GNOMES!!!

https://elusivedisc.com/george-harr...nKdS7PuwrRqcOsm7LtMdtMbLj-gZEteaZdUFOz.KY8xPA

PS: Hoping this goes the way if GnR’s “Locked n Loaded” as far as pricing goes
You must have a case of the dreaded- Rocks n' Pick yur LPs to trash Garden Gnome.

If so... you need Gnome-O-Matic, just one pass thru that baby (it slices, it dices, it makes the most flavorful of your fav sausages... the Weisswurst the Bockwurst the Landjäger & the Thüringer !) and it's Bye-Bye nasty little Gnomie. *Certain restrictions apply; and not responsible for misplaced or damaged Gnomes of the fairer type.

Gnome-O'-Matic.png

I bet the label is sorry they sent him those LPs!!! :ROFLMAO:
No kidding….maybe the label well go back to the drawing board if they are really that BAD THAT THEY ARE UNLISTENABLE….and exchange all the peoples that bought the LP or Uber sets…if they don’t there will be HELL to pay

Last edited:
No kidding….maybe the label well go back to the drawing board if they are really that BAD THAT THEY ARE UNLISTENABLE….and exchange all the peoples that bought the LP or Uber sets…if they don’t there will be HELL to pay
Makes me (sorta) wonder what's be said over at SHF...

P.s. BAN SNOOD

Back