Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation (5.1/Dolby Atmos) 24-Jun-2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the recommendation, but I try to avoid any companies that offer non trackable shipments. I'll let the reservation in Amazon Germany stay for now, but I hope it'll end up appearing everywhere with better prices. And most likely I'll downgrade to a standalone Blu-ray it we're eventually given this option. I also like to have the option to cancel until I have more information about the contents of the release, as I must confess I hate Hajo Mueller's illustrations for The Incident, for example. I hope PT goes back to Carl Glover photografies instead of the dark, mad Mueller designs
Good point as well. Never had a problem with any shipments, but it’s nice to know where your package is when spending the big bucks. I never tried to cancel an order, so I’m not sure how well JPC handles that situation. They just package their shipments very well just like CDJapan. I’ve received some damaged sets from The Amazons across the Atlantic. Poor packaging practices. Usually can get a partial refund because returning really isn’t practical.
I don’t understand why no stateside distributor.

Steve, magnificent chap, if you happen to be browsing here please notch up another request for a standalone blu-ray. The cost is prohibitive; really appreciate the stand alone blu-ray option. Listening to Harradan now - fantastic stuff; certainly does not disappoint! Cheers

According to a post at Hoffman's:

The picture of the cassette and CD on the album pre-order shows the running times for the album tracks:

1. 8.07 (Harridan)
2. 4.43
3. 5.40
4. 8.22
5. 7.02
6. 4.26
7. 9.40

So, if the tracks have lengths, surely this means they are already recorded, but the album's not out until next June :unsure:
They also have titles
1.Harridan8m07s
2.O/T/N/D4m43s
3.R/R5m40s
4.D8m22s
5.H/C7m02s
6.W/T/P4m26s
7.C/W9m40s

This was a nice surprise to wake up to. The song is pretty decent as well. Super bummed that I'll have to shell out ~$100 for that deluxe set. I hope they add a little bit more material because a surround mix and 3 additional songs for ~$60 more is a complete ripoff.

Cool song! The bass intro immediately made made me think of ".3" from In Absentia. Definitely bummed about no standalone Blu-Ray option though - I wonder if this has to do with the new label not wanting to go that route? Pretty much every other PT/SW release up until now had an inexpensive CD/DVD-A, CD/Blu-Ray, or single Blu-Ray release.

The In Absentia deluxe editions didn't have that inexpensive release. I know the DVD-A was put out in 2002, but i'm going to guess any re-release of an album will just be the bloated set from now on. I hope I am pleasantly surprised and one gets added closer to the release but i'm not holding my breath.

https___d1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net_production_17e199fc-436c-4a34-be1e-906bc3c1d23b.jpg

Whatever it is, it's certainly not irony.

They must think a lot of us will buy this set and can't resist even though it's a bit pricey. They may be right. I feel like this guy in Steven's video Personal Shopper...it's almost like he knows us.:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: PK
Harridan - When you see the word harridan, think of the Wicked Witch of the West — a mean-tempered, sharp-tongued old woman. ... It comes from seventeenth century slang, probably stemming from the French word haridelle, or "old horse."

Is this what the song is about? And if so, what era, Medieval, current, future, or timeless? Also, some kind of "spirit" or "witch" or the lasting effects from a love gone wrong? Almost reads like an Edgar Allan Poe. Gotta dig into these lyrics and visuals more!

-------------------------------------
Harridan Lyrics – Porcupine Tree

Gold man bites down on a silver tongue
Takes a deep breath and blows the candle out
He knows the truth but he keeps it to himself
Here it is
You can only save yourself
Only yourself

When we bite the dust
We will hide our cuts from the world
When you’re in the dirt
You don’t show your hurt to the world
When we bite the dust
When you’re in the dirt

Cold man, white knuckles on the wheel
Well it’s all just there to steal
You just gotta take it
Take it like the harridan you are

When we bite the dust
When you’re in the dirt

It’s the time of the almost rain without you
I am in debt to night
And gone to earth for love
And I, a shadow
And what of us?
And what of me?
And what is left without you?

When we bite the dust
When you’re in the dirt

It’s the time of the almost rain without you
I am in debt to night
And gone to earth for love
And I, a shadow
And what of us?
And what of me?
And what is left without you?

-----------------------------------------

So you folks that know PT well, what's it about?

Also listened to this on Apple Music -Apple TV 4K Atmos (just 5.1 core for me) last night and thought it sounded great with center focused bass and incredible drumming spread across the fronts, all very well defined and punchy. Some of the swirling around the outside speakers of guitar etc. at times sounded a little too far back (faint) in the mix though; and I'm wondering now if that was intentional, or perhaps will the 5.1 on the BD bring that out with more presence over the streaming audio?

As thrilled as I am to see PT back in action, and in surround, I have to agree with a lot of the comments about the price of the set containing the surround mixes. Paying ~$70+ for a 2cd/1blu-ray plus "artwork booklet" package seems a bit much, especially this far ahead of the release date and without any more info on the content. The basic album is about 48 minutes long but its anyone's guess what the bonus tracks are. For me it's always about the music - looking at someone else's pictures inspired by the music is pretty far down my priority list. In the past, SW with PT and solo has been very reasonable in terms of pricing/marketing his surround material, but TFB was a bit troubling in that regard. Hopefully we'll see a cheaper blu-ray option appear as the release date approaches, and I'm comfortable waiting quite a bit longer to decide whether to pull the trigger on the deluxe package.

So let's see if I got this right...this website Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation - New Album Out 24th June 2022 redirects me to this website Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation where the shipping options are $24.50 USPS or $26.50 for UPS. I ordered here and my total is $102.50.

This website Townsend Music Online Record Store - Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes and Merch - Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation Deluxe CD Boxset charges $33.50 to $36.00 for shipping. I initially placed an order here. For some reason my order got bungled up what with the shipping address changing to U.S. Outlying Islands for some reason. o_O At any rate, I cancelled this order.

So it appears that the Porcupine Tree Official Online Music Store (porcupinetree.tmstor.es) and the Townsend Music Store (townsendmusic) are connected but not quite the same...

...and now it's JPC with a much better price of $68.00 usd (including shipping) here Porcupine Tree: Closure Continuation (2CD + BluRay + Buch) (2 CDs, 1 Blu-ray Disc und 1 Merchandise) – jpc

...and the Amazon.de webpage...and Burning Shed which is already Out of Stock here The Shed

Last edited:
So let's see if I got this right...this website Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation - New Album Out 24th June 2022 redirects me to this website Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation where the shipping options are $24.50 USPS or $26.50 for UPS. I ordered here and my total is $102.50.

This website Townsend Music Online Record Store - Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes and Merch - Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation Deluxe CD Boxset charges $33.50 to $36.00 for shipping. I initially placed an order here. For some reason my order got bungled up what with the shipping address changing to U.S. Outlying Islands for some reason. o_O At any rate, I cancelled this order.

So it appears that the Porcupine Tree Official Online Music Store (porcupinetree.tmstor.es) and the Townsend Music Store (townsendmusic) are connected but not quite the same...

...and now it's JPC with a much better price...
Correct. Amazon.de with a price in between.

Reactions: PK
Played Harridan a few times now...good track and I'm going to have a hard time waiting until June. Someone somewhere said that it's SW on bass and if so I can hear some Nick Beggs influence there. I think he'd be a natural for the live band - versatile player and he can do the backup vocals since it appears John Wesley is no longer involved.

Back