What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20220217_023050620~2.jpg

Well can you even call the official MP multichannel mixes discrete? Seems like a no brainer to use the 400 dollars this box set would cost all in and put it towards a SM, which sounds like it can not only give you a decent enough surround experience but can also decode any other 2ch sources you own.
I'm also having a blast tracking down SQ and QS sources of various types. CD, vinyl, files from pals, etc. I'm genuinely having a great time with the SM.

View attachment 76257
Art Garfunkel Breakaway
New Songs of the Seventies
Thank you @gvl_guy

Wowing Zowie ,Mike .......your going full tilt boogie acquiring all these new olde quad matrix albums and cds.

I'm impressed, and I'm sure BBQ* holds the same opinion.o_O

*BBQ is bigbillquad ,our master collector for those who don't know.

West Meets East ~ Improvisations Album 3

I thought this looked familiar, so had a google.
First off, not all three of them jamming together as I envisioned.
Yehudi on side one, Jean-Pierre side two.

Turns out I've had both flute tracks for 25 years on the George Harrison-produced 4-CD Angel box set In Celebration for Ravi's 75 birthday.
Ravi doesn't play on Enchanted Dawn, which he adapted from a traditional raga.
His notes say he let the classical orchestra harp cover both drone and drum parts along with counter-melody.

Always blows by mind when Menuhin puts down his bow and plays pizzicato runs note-for-note with Ravi and Alla Rakha.
All three West-East volumes streaming on Amo Unlimited in CD-quality.

Back