The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, all you Einstein's of surround sound, what are your guesses on this one?šŸ¤”
not a clue, but I know what I want

1678063991139.png

OK, all you Einstein's of surround sound, what are your guesses on this one?šŸ¤”
Since my guessing skills for what Paul has next sucks, my goal is always to see how wrong I can be, so...

Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together (Although, sadly, it didnā€™t.)

Mixed by Jakko Jakszyk after Steven Wilson had to turn it down because he was too busy finishing up the Grateful Dead albums that Iā€™m sure will be announced any day now.

And, yeah, Iā€™d buy it. Mom had C&T on 8-track in the car. I enjoyed it.

600x600bb.jpg

Wild guess:

A-Ha
Hunting High and Low
Steven Wilson mix
Could honestly see that being the case. Paul seems to have some connection with Steven at least through the Tears for Fears release, and I'm sure Steven Wilson would love to have that Dolby Atmos mix out on a physical blu ray.
If it was something mixed by Steven, there'd be a 5.1 version included too.

Maybe the new Gorillaz album?

ABC Lexicon Of Love is a good fit for SDE - Quality 80s UK Pop. The Atmos remix is already done, by SW, but no announcement has been made on physical release yet AFAIK (for any reissue, let alone the immersive mix). So it's about as likely a contender as I can think of.

(Later) Ah... just seen that there has been some mention of a physical release, including the Album's 'video album', Mantrap. So that is unlikely to mean a stand-alone BD.

Mr. Sinclair has been rather good at NOT dropping any solid hints, so wait & see is the plan. I am glad to see these releases appear to be happening more regularly than they were. We could see monthly releases at some point, if more catalog titles become available to SDE. But what do I know?

I just realized while it's quite a bit of a stretch, one could hope for Peter Gabriel's i/o!

About a decade ago, SDE gave an extremely harsh review of Gabriel's So anniversary box set, going as far as calling it a "rip-off". Peter saw the review and was not happy about it. I'd be surprised if Gabriel would play ball with SDE after that. But you never know, that was a long time ago....

About a decade ago, SDE gave an extremely harsh review of Gabriel's So anniversary box set, going as far as calling it a "rip-off". Peter saw the review and was not happy about it. I'd be surprised if Gabriel would play ball with SDE after that. But you never know, that was a long time ago....
Hmm. I wonder if he has to keep that in the back of his mind now when he talks about products that are worthy of some criticism.

Do you hold back a bit because negative comments might affect a partnership on an Atmos project?

Since my guessing skills for what Paul has next sucks, my goal is always to see how wrong I can be, so...

Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together (Although, sadly, it didnā€™t.)

Mixed by Jakko Jakszyk after Steven Wilson had to turn it down because he was too busy finishing up the Grateful Dead albums that Iā€™m sure will be announced any day now.

And, yeah, Iā€™d buy it. Mom had C&T on 8-track in the car. I enjoyed it.

600x600bb.jpg
May be one from my childhood :ROFLMAO: (I still have it!)

View attachment 89366
Is it possible that Sooty and Sweep morphed into the Captain and Tennille?

R.4d84c915fb0c784051a2105b876883cd
600x600bb.jpg

Last edited:
Back