Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just goes to show how conditioned we've become in paying big bucks for premium-grade pop/rock music: this premium-grade Sibelius 5-SACD/1-blu ray disc box set is currently £20.24 delivered and Dutton Vocalion knock out double albums on SACD for under £15 delivered.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I won't cough up - I'll probably end up coughing up a fair bit more than the going rate, what with shipping costs, VAT and a weak-as-water pound - but I guess it is what it is even if I'm not exactly enamoured with the price.

I know nothing about your IMPORT duties, etc. but US company ImportCD has Wish You Were Here listed for under $29US https://www.importcds.com/wish-you-were-here/190758103426

BTW, Derek, received my Sibelius and Nielsen box sets today from LSO [BD~As/SACDs].

Fantastic news that Animals will be released as a stand alone mch SACD. At least we know Analogue Productions will do an excellent job!

Fantastic news to round off, what has been an incredible year for us QQ'rs.
I'm tickled pink...🎅

Was that a Pink Pig reference, Beerking?

394a5d94d3b1986d71f722ad7c0ca59f--pet-pigs-guinea-pigs.jpg

I know nothing about your IMPORT duties, etc. but US company ImportCD has Wish You Were Here listed for under $29US https://www.importcds.com/wish-you-were-here/190758103426

BTW, Derek, received my Sibelius and Nielsen box sets today from LSO [BD~As/SACDs].

Fantastic news that Animals will be released as a stand alone mch SACD. At least we know Analogue Productions will do an excellent job!
Oh hell yes they will...this will be epic. :SB

I remember buying DSOTM 5.1 for $12. I have SACD and Immersion of that and WYWH. I’ll do the same again. Somebody please tell me why they couldn’t clean up the Oakland and Montreal shows as they did for DSOTM Immersion. I say the Montreal show for historical purposes. I’d give anything if they’d release a live catalog of that tour like Springsteen has done. Like a lot of others, this was my first, and to this day, best concert ever.

What is it that's bugging you gents about SACD? Is it that Guthrie is doing it, or some other issue? Just curious.
Both really I don't think Guthrie has done a truly stunning surround mix yet, some stunning stereo yes but surround mixing is poor
And SACD is such a backward format and IMOH does not sound as good as LPCM or even DTS

Both really I don't think Guthrie has done a truly stunning surround mix yet, some stunning stereo yes but surround mixing is poor
And SACD is such a backward format and IMOH does not sound as good as LPCM or even DTS

I too used to think that SACD was not all it was cracked up to be until I got an Oppo 205. It's performance on SACD is stellar and it absolutely wipes the floor with my 2006-vintage Marantz DV9600. But while I honestly do not believe that I was hearing the capabilities of SACD until I got the 205, I still prefer the Marantz for DVD-A. So it seems that none of these universal players are truly exceptional with all formats...and I mean the DACs too as I rip all of my stuff to hard drives. Anyway, I'm glad to be getting Animals regardless of format.

I too used to think that SACD was not all it was cracked up to be until I got an Oppo 205. It's performance on SACD is stellar and it absolutely wipes the floor with my 2006-vintage Marantz DV9600. But while I honestly do not believe that I was hearing the capabilities of SACD until I got the 205, I still prefer the Marantz for DVD-A. So it seems that none of these universal players are truly exceptional with all formats...and I mean the DACs too as I rip all of my stuff to hard drives. Anyway, I'm glad to be getting Animals regardless of format.
Gos toooooooooooooooooo

Back