2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies for the delay but we went away for my wife's birthday. I've only listened to my SACD rip of Axis; I haven't ripped the CD layer since I don't plan to listen to it and, to be honest, my music listening is almost 95% ripped files. Having said that, the verdict on Axis is that it sounds awesome. There's more clarity and detail and (to my ears)minimal compression. There are, otherwise, no major surprises. Haven't listened to the mono as of yet. Altogether, highly recommended.

Yep...mine should ship in the next few days as it just appeared in the pending portion of my credit card.....and now says "shippable" in my order history....even though the other half of the order isn't available they will ship it for free at the $27.99 price(y)

Yep...mine should ship in the next few days as it just appeared in the pending portion of my credit card.....and now says "shippable" in my order history....even though the other half of the order isn't available they will ship it for free at the $27.99 price(y)

Mine says "shippable" too! Wahoo! Was beginning to think the order was so old they forgot about it (early last February). Now to get the other half :LB

Just got a shipping notice from Music Direct...Jimi is on his way:SG

Mine as well @ the Nice Price {20% off w/free s/h] as suggested by bargain hunter extraordinaire Mr. Clint Eastwood.

Now IF we could only get S&G long awaited Stereo SACD reissue of PSR&T.

Tyme waits for NO ONE!:ROFLMAO:sage advice!

My Axis: Bold As Love Stereo SACD arrived, so as it was Hendrix which caught my young minds attention way back then I had to give a listen. It sounds fantastic, incredibly clear, and I just love the music. It weirdly brought back memories of going into school the day after Hendrix died and it was all we talked about. Now being greedy and most probably unrealistic can we have it in Quad please!

My Axis: Bold As Love Stereo SACD arrived, so as it was Hendrix which caught my young minds attention way back then I had to give a listen. It sounds fantastic, incredibly clear, and I just love the music. It weirdly brought back memories of going into school the day after Hendrix died and it was all we talked about. Now being greedy and most probably unrealistic can we have it in Quad please!

Now that is truly good to hear(y)..much better than the anticipation storm brewing in the distance...

Analogue Productions may take forever to get their SACDs to market, but I've never been disappointed with the results. I know it's 'cheating' but try playing Axis in a DSP [surround] mode. There is so much out of phase info sometimes you'd swear they were SQ encoded.

I do agree. We need all the Hendrix output in 5.1!

Ripping the SACD now. Will be back in a while with my impression of the stereo and mono tracks.:)

I'll likewise be playing my copy ....... also received 5 D~V QUAD SACDs as well today so have been playing those ..... The Chase and Billy Pauls are AMAZING!

BTW, Markie, how was Ozzy?

I'll likewise be playing my copy ....... also received 5 D~V QUAD SACDs as well today so have been playing those ..... The Chase and Billy Pauls are AMAZING!

BTW, Markie, how was Ozzy?

Ozzy, cut his finger and show canceled 5 minutes before we where about to leave. Rescheduled first for Tuesday Oct 16th, I wasn't going to go, plus I guess a lot of others. Today they scheduled for Sat Oct 20th, I'm gonna go.
Yes Billy Pauls are very good.
I am up to 76.5db with Hendrix, very powerful stereo, but not wide. What you get coming out of the speakers straight at ya is what you get, still sounds great but I was hoping for a wide stereo sound stage.

Ozzy, cut his finger and show canceled 5 minutes before we where about to leave. Rescheduled first for Tuesday Oct 16th, I wasn't going to go, plus I guess a lot of others. Today they scheduled for Sat Oct 20th, I'm gonna go.
Yes Billy Pauls are very good.
I am up to 76.5db with Hendrix, very powerful stereo, but not wide. What you get coming out of the speakers straight at ya is what you get, still sounds great but I was hoping for a wide stereo sound stage.

Ozzy cut his finger? Whoa! Clumsy, Clumsy. After 'suffering' through his reality TV show with Sharon and the kids, surprised he's even functional. Have you tried playing the Hendrix through any of your DSP modes at loud volume. I know those remastered SONY Hendrix RBCDs [with the DVDs] of a few years back decoded exceptionally well through the DSP on my Meridian pre/pro. Try It! [and TREAT IT .....EVERY SINGLE D~V QUAD disc sounds superior treated to non treated versions....take MY word for that].

NAG, NAG, NAG. Gotta get the troops moving .... somehow!

Ozzy cut his finger? Whoa! Clumsy, Clumsy. After 'suffering' through his reality TV show with Sharon and the kids, surprised he's even functional. Have you tried playing the Hendrix through any of your DSP modes at loud volume. I know those remastered SONY Hendrix RBCDs [with the DVDs] of a few years back decoded exceptionally well through the DSP on my Meridian pre/pro. Try It! [and TREAT IT .....EVERY SINGLE D~V QUAD disc sounds superior treated to non treated versions....take MY word for that].

NAG, NAG, NAG. Gotta get the troops moving .... somehow!

My Hendrix CD's are of course BLu Spec CD's from Japan but I think this is better because of the raw power I am getting.

Back