4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that song! I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Quadraphony)

Whatever we get, I'll likely buy it.
I'd didn't realize they did that song.
Of course anyone that was around in the late 60s and early 70s remember it as the Coca-Cola commercial. I remember as kids we'd sing to emphasize the second syllable of "furnish" :

I'd like to build the world a home
And furniSH IT with love

New Seekers came looooong before ABBA.
The Seekers came looong before the New Seekers. In fact, that was the first album I owned.
1701479351447.png

Well, now I know where a couple of those songs came from.
I do like the diversity as someone mentioned!
One of the things I like about surround is it gets me motivated to check out recordings I might not otherwise. And if I'm going to end up hearing some stuff only once, might as well be in full style!

It's just that after the Red Octopus, Mr. Lightfoot, & America I hope the next round isn't Barbra Streisand, Partridge Family, ABBA, The Seekers!

I'd didn't realize they did that song.
Of course anyone that was around in the late 60s and early 70s remember it as the Coca-Cola commercial. I remember as kids we'd sing to emphasize the second syllable of "furnish" :

I'd like to build the world a home
And furniSH IT with love
Ah, kids. Whatta ya gonna do? We turned the Byrds line in Mr. Tambourine Man from, "Take me on a trip upon your magic swirling ship..." to "Take me on a trip upon your magic swirling shit..."

Doug

Um, the New Seekers is an entirely different group from The Seekers.

Doug
Is it like the Jefferson Airplane vs Starship thing, where they share some members? In the case of those two bands, both were important; one set up the infrastructure of San Franciscan rock, and the other was Jefferson Airplane.

No love for The New Seekers?
I wonder if Steve [Foraging Rhino] was just 'teasing' us by so 'overtly' name dropping this particular title when he knows fully well that the QQ readership are [mostly] diehard Rock 'n Rollers?????????

We'll find out soon enough when he again 'taunts' us with more tangible clues

Back