4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree nearly 100%....other than maybe The Spinners as the Atlantic R&B. I'll be happy with either!
yep. I'd be happy with either as well. I just prefer AWB because it's a stronger album (IMO) than the Spinners stuff, of which I have little interest in beyond the hit singles.

My hope is we get then ALL eventually, and that this is just an exercise in which-comes-first. :)

I predict I'll get all four. Would be fun to do a comprehensive review, after a year or so. Maybe have @ForagingRhino on Life in Surround to talk about the logistics of producing the series.
Ooohhhh. You might get nominated for a QQ Emmy if you get that to happen! 🙂

Copy #1222 for Spectrum, and I absolutely prefer Rhino to release quads that have not yet been available in the digital domain before moving on to albums that have already received that treatment, such as Spectrum. It would seem that they have a long list to go through to meet the demand for quadio on Blu-ray. I know I would love to have the Joni Mitchel and Paul Simon albums as an example.

The bundle deal will be available on Rhino.com just like last time (with everything shipping together!) No idea if what the UK Dig! store will take.

1 Warner (Bros.)
1 Reprise
2 Atlantic

Carry on...

Is Carry on a hint?

Crosby, Stills, Nash

"Carry On / Questions"

Carry on, love is coming, love is coming to us all.

Copy #1222 for Spectrum, and I absolutely prefer Rhino to release quads that have not yet been available in the digital domain before moving on to albums that have already received that treatment, such as Spectrum. It would seem that they have a long list to go through to meet the demand for quadio on Blu-ray. I know I would love to have the Joni Mitchel and Paul Simon albums as an example.
They is why the otherwise wonderful Sony 7” SACD series pisses me off bigtime, nearly every other release is a previously available 5.1 or 4.0 master. And they want $50 a pop plus shipping. I would say every 3rd release is a title we’ve already had the opportunity to purchase.

Others state they are fine with the repeats because they are just glad that the series continues.

They is why the otherwise wonderful Sony 7” SACD series pisses me off bigtime, nearly every other release is a previously available 5.1 or 4.0 master. And they want $50 a pop plus shipping. I would say every 3rd release is a title we’ve already had the opportunity to purchase.

Others state they are fine with the repeats because they are just glad that the series continues.
Not to be contrary Mr. T, but I for one am glad that Sony Japan gives us both previously unreleased Quad albums on SACD and picks a few previously released gems for their 7" SACD series. I was really happy to buy the 2 Billy Joel 5.1 albums and Toto IV, all with the lavish packaging their other releases had been treated to. I'm hoping they give us the 3 Billy Joel Quad albums in this series as well.

Not to be contrary Mr. T, but I for one am glad that Sony Japan gives us both previously unreleased Quad albums on SACD and picks a few previously released gems for their 7" SACD series. I was really happy to buy the 2 Billy Joel 5.1 albums and Toto IV, all with the lavish packaging their other releases had been treated to. I'm hoping they give us the 3 Billy Joel Quad albums in this series as well.
Sure of course you liked them, then add in a Jeff Beck Group title, and a Mahavishnu Orch, and you’ve got even more repeats. Bet my top and bottom dollar you didn’t buy those two.

Last edited:
Back