4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the Grunt quads are highly desirable to me:

Jefferson Airplane - Bark
Kantner & Slick - Sunfighter
Hot Tuna - Burgers, America's Choice, Yellow Fever
Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus (got that one!), Spitfire, Dragon Fly

Please, bring 'em all on!

I’m very excited that we are not going to wait many months or years for the next batch of Quadio discs. I’m likely to buy all four just to support the ongoing series moving forward.

But I do hope at least one of the discs is a TKO rock album. Ya’ll know that rock of the classic variety does sell discs and gets attention. And then the other three all from different genres, stylistic varieties are along for a good ride as well.

So many of the Warner quad master tapes are sweet sounding mixes. Lots to look forward to here.
That all sounds great to me also - keep searching that vault @ForagingRhino (y)

I agree with quicksrt we need one killer rock title to carry the other three like Paranoid. That will be very welcome.
However whatever the titles are has already been decided.
I bought all 4 of the June release but have really only played Paranoid (many times).

By far I have listened to Paranoid more than the others. But it helps sell the other titles.
I agree. Paranoid has been played the most by far. Then AC, then JS then JGB.
The only album of the first batch that was, somewhat, obscure (to me) was JGB. The other three were well known albums (even though I had never listened to the entire JS Red Octopus, I was very aware of the album and knew a couple if songs fairly well). If the next batch follows that template, even if they aren't all in the rock genre, they should get similar results.

I can pretty much guarantee you that Carly Simon “No Secrets” will be in the next batch.
Why?
Because I recently plunked down for the DVD-A, and this hobby is determined to drain my wallet 🤑
You and I have the same luck!
I hope it’s not Carly because with the DVD-A and Audio Fidelity 24K sitting on my shelf, that’s enough.
I’ve already skipped the MoFi SACD.

And in a similar vein, if Billy Cobham’s Spectrum shows up it will be the same story.

Here we are talking about the second batch when I still haven't received all the discs from the first one.
I placed my order at zero hour on the day of release.
Sorry to hear that. I can say my bundle (ordered June 23) arrived in rural Oz (Armidale) in two packs from the US Rhino store in the usual time it takes stuff to get to me from the US, so some have got through.

Here we are talking about the second batch when I still haven't received all the discs from the first one.
I placed my order at zero hour on the day of release.
That’s crazy.
I didn’t receive Alice & Starship until a week ago. Hopefully yours show up soon too

I can pretty much guarantee you that Carly Simon “No Secrets” will be in the next batch.
Why?
Because I recently plunked down for the DVD-A, and this hobby is determined to drain my wallet 🤑
LOL... I pretty much said the same thing on the Alan Parson's thread when I finally broke down and bought the Mofi stereo sacd of "I Robot". I have been waiting for a proper anniversary set with multi-channel release and finally broke down about a year(?) ago. So far, my prediction hasn't come true... still no deluxe edition of that particular album even though so many others have been given the deluxe treatment.

Let's see if your prediction comes true in October. (I'd prefer her greatest hits but I'd still buy "No Secrets").

LOL... I pretty much said the same thing on the Alan Parson's thread when I finally broke down and bought the Mofi stereo sacd of "I Robot". I have been waiting for a proper anniversary set with multi-channel release and finally broke down about a year(?) ago. So far, my prediction hasn't come true... still no deluxe edition of that particular album even though so many others have been given the deluxe treatment.

Let's see if your prediction comes true in October. (I'd prefer her greatest hits but I'd still buy "No Secrets").
Agreed on all counts!

I'll buy all 4 new releases - with the caveat that if a release is a genre I really can't stand I won't buy that disc - though that leaves an awful lot I will buy!

One thing that puzzles me is why no silent centre/LFE channels have been added to the current releases to maintain compatibility with some modern AVRs that get confused by Quad - due to poor AVR design requirements/software testing!

I'll buy all 4 new releases - with the caveat that if a release is a genre I really can't stand I won't buy that disc - though that leaves an awful lot I will buy!

One thing that puzzles me is why no silent centre/LFE channels have been added to the current releases to maintain compatibility with some modern AVRs that get confused by Quad - due to poor AVR design requirements/software testing!
I have a Denon AVR-s970h upstairs that handles quad flawlessly, but my Yamaha RX-2070 in the Man Cave can't figure it out.

Seals & Crofts

Please!!!
Like Carly Simon, it appears Seals & Crofts (and, maybe, The Spinners) have enough quad Lps for a box. Not sure if there is a market for an expensive box...maybe 2 Lps per blu-ray? Looking at the list of WEA quads, it seems odd that Carly's Anticipation and The Spinners' Mighty Love were skipped.

I would GUESS that the attractiveness of releasing these legacy quad recordings is that they are ready to go right off the shelf with minimal additional work. Anything that needs to be done to the original recording raises the cost and would require more investment up front.
I agree it would be nice, but I understand why they may balk at doing that.

Back