ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Linda Ronstadt lovers [and who isn't], CNN Premiered Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice tonight and I recommend fans to watch it as it will be re~broadcast multiple times. It follows Linda's long career which tragically ended in 2009 when she was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.

See the source image

BTW, was just released as a BD~V on December 10, 2019:
81hCjzm3LbL._SL1500_.jpg
Loved her version of Blue Bayou.

I have several of these box sets of lounge and chill out music. Before YouTube came out, they were a great way to check out a variety of music...and still are!

First and foremost, Happy New Year to my dear Brett!

This 5 disc compilation is utterly infectious......sounds better than most SACDs and I also bought it at a 15% discount. AmazonUK is charging £20!

And for those who like to lounge ....... GO FOR IT!

See the source image

It's the Cat's MEOW!

This 5 disc compilation is utterly infectious......sounds better than most SACDs and I also bought it at a 15% discount. AmazonUK is charging £20!

See the source image

It's the Cat's MEOW!
Happy New Year back at ya, Ralphie!

Watching out for the unexpected side effects of lounging! LOL!! 😋

image.jpeg

See the source image

It's the Cat's MEOW!
My cat caught a glance at this..is now jealous and making unrealistic demands. Thanks !

Attachments

• just_lounging_around_s.jpg
    just_lounging_around_s.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 159
OK, disclaimer...I'm getting ready to make a post that is totally NON MUSIC RELATED! lmao

Sorry.

Tomorrow morning, I'm off to O'hare International on my way to Buenos Aires. I'll be gone 8 days, so I know you'll all miss me so much. haha

During the business trip, I take a couple flights to Brazil, to the main agriculture area.......should be interesting. I think I'm going to Uruguay too. Heck, I don't even know. My itinerary is planned for me. I'm just hosting clients.....

OK, small music tidbit. WE are going to a TANGO in B.A. on Monday night I think. If I can get online, I'll send along some pics. Just don't be offended when they are not music related.

OK, such a cynic. Geez....

Last edited:
OK, disclaimer...I'm getting ready to make a post that is totally NON MUSIC RELATED! lmao

Sorry.

Tomorrow morning, I'm off to O'hare International on my way to Buenos Aires. I'll be gone 8 days, so I know you'll all miss me so much. haha

During the business trip, I take a couple flights to Brazil, to the main agriculture area.......should be interesting. I think I'm going to Uruguay too. Heck, I don't even know. My itinerary is planned for me. I'm just hosting clients.....

OK, small music tidbit. WE are going to a TANGO in B.A. on Monday night I think. If I can get online, I'll send along some pics. Just don't be offended when they are not music related.

Safe travels, Gene. Enjoy!

Newbie questions of the week:

1. When I set my SACD player to PCM the signal to my AVR is PCM 176.4khz. Why such an odd number?
Is this considered Superior to PCM 96khz

2. What does SACD provide that DVD-A didn't?
From what I've heard anyone using bass management/room correction is getting PCM anyway. Why bother with DSD?

Sorry.

Hmm, wonder how that GOS guy is doing on his travels?

Last edited:
Back