Beatles GET BACK Directors Cut coming soon.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yes you heard it correctly Peter Jackson’s GET BACK is going to have a get this A 14 HOUR Directors Cut, how, when is still up to the people in control……Guess more news to follow…heard about this on VOLUME on Sirius/XM

Is this OVERKILL!! Could be for some but not for others, judging how the 1st 3 episodes went

And speaking about OVERKILL, with the recent Pink Floyd and David Bowie Museum tours why not one for The Beatles?😂😂😂

Last edited:
Is this OVERKILL!! Could be for some but not for others, judging how the 1st 3 episodes went

I'd sit and watch every second of the entire footage if I could (and had the time). Seriously, we can be a fly on the wall when the Beatles are working together, creating masterpieces out of thin air, I don't see how any of it can be overkill. It's a historical document without parallel. This is clearly being released for those who appreciate it, not the average joe.

I didn't make it very far into the released version. It's really uncomfortable and a downer watching this disaster unfold. A few interesting or high points aside, I'd rather just listen to the albums produced by their A-team and celebrate that. So... wow.

I didn't make it very far into the released version. It's really uncomfortable and a downer watching this disaster unfold. A few interesting or high points aside, I'd rather just listen to the albums produced by their A-team and celebrate that. So... wow.
This was always the presumption about the footage…. But actually, aside from George quitting, they’re all having a laugh and being really friendly.
I’d try again if I were you! 🧐😜👍

This was always the presumption about the footage…. But actually, aside from George quitting, they’re all having a laugh and being really friendly.
I agree. Even Peter Jackson said he dreaded watching it the first time, but was pleasantly surprised at how cordial everyone was. And I saw several articles with themes like "we owe Yoko an apology". It all comes together at the end, I think.

He's really a little bitch throughout the entire thing, in every possible way. Understandable I suppose but also quite annoying. On the other hand, how he's just sitting there every morning being like, "wanna listen to this little something I came up with last night", and each one is a masterpiece, is both amazing and infuriating.

Yoko is Yoko, I really don't understand why she's getting any attention in this, most of the time she's just sitting there, and that alone is annoying people (but clearly from the video, not the boys).

I've seen the 6+ hour cut. It's funny because I have the original version on CED videodisc, and that version of the film is a bit of a downer. Dare I say it's almost like Michael Lindsay-Hogg specifically used ALL the argumentative/dramatic bits for that film.... The new version depicts it as more of a project spearheaded by Paul, problem being that Paul has no clear direction - other than making it a "live in the studio album with no overdubs" and that it must be done before Ringo goes off to film "The Magic Christian".

Like.... they didn't even know WHAT to call the album or even how many songs they wanted to do! They had very little new stuff lined up nor could any of them decide if they wanted to include cover versions of some of their oldie favorites.

I liked the bit once they'd moved back to Abbey Road where John has an epiphany that without overdubs, they'd have to bring in other players if they wanted a keyboardist, an extra guitarist, percussion....

It almost goes to highlight a) how isolated & slef-reliant they'd become in an attempt (I guess?) to remain on top of the heap, but b) it's a total DUH! moment like.... yeah man, if you want other instruments and you can't overdub.... obviously you need more players. Which makes me wonder why they didn't simply try to create the first Supergroup in the first place?

Bring in "guest stars" like Billy Preston, Eric Clapton, Klaus Voorman or Ginger Baker. They'd have all bases covered. If Paul wants to get behind the baby grand, through Klaus on bass. If Ringo wants to jump behind some congas, Ginger jumps behind the kit. Billy Preston was a G-D no brainer. I'm honestly surprised that wasn't one of the first things they discussed when establishing the "rules" for this album. George even mentions bringing in Clapton a few times admitting that Clapton is more talented on solos.

And the self-imposed deadline I think hurt them above all else. Why didn't they just make January about practising, then Ringo can go off and shoot his movie, and in a few weeks he'd be back and THEN they can figure out what this big live concert is going to be?? Planning things outdoors for January just seems silly.... even in Europe.

I guess if anything, this movie serves a few purposes: 1) Showing us that the Beatles (as a whole, or individually) were just people, susceptible to the same mistakes we all make.
2) They were all very young.... I mean, I'm rolling into my 40's and still don't know what to do with myself half the time. I couldn't imagine being 25, 26, 27, 28 again and being in the #1 Rock band on the face of the Earth. 3) The Beatles were breaking up long before this album started and 4) Yoko really had nothing to do with it. I mean, at several point Linda is there, Maureen is there, the McCartney kids are running around and screaming. Quite honestly, when Yoko was asked anything, she actually had some very intelligent and poignant ideas for the group.

Last edited:
I'd sit and watch every second of the entire footage if I could (and had the time). Seriously, we can be a fly on the wall when the Beatles are working together, creating masterpieces out of thin air, I don't see how any of it can be overkill. It's a historical document without parallel. This is clearly being released for those who appreciate it, not the average joe.

I think that the 3-episode Disney+ version did an excellent job at getting across the difficulty of putting an album of new songs together in such a ridiculously short period of time. I would still be interested in seeing the 14-hour version...with all of the uncut takes that appear on the Let It Be album as well as more info on the songs that made it onto Abbey Road and the early solo works. But I would definitely have to be in the mood, which when it comes to listening to The Beatles is almost all the time. :giggle:

I thought Part One was really slow and hard to get through. John was withdrawn and drugged out and Paul was so annoying and controlling I don't blame George one bit for being tired of it. Parts 2 and 3 were much better, mostly because John woke up and also put Paul in his place. As for Yoko, they cut her out immensely. If you listen to the ''day by day'' bootleg audio tapes, she interrupts and speaks up very frequently and annoyingly. They edited this heavily to lean a certain way.

Back