Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are so stupid.
It’s a good thing that they didn’t name their label Papaya Records.
Papaya.jpg

Last edited:
"Original box?" 🤔

Yes and although the box itself was made out of very thin cardboard the book is very very nice and contains the original pressing, here is a bit of info from Mr. Fremer

"While the press release describes the Let It Be album as "chart topping" and it may have eventually done that, when it was first released Beatles fans, bitter, or defeated or deflated that "the dream was over", wholly rejected it. The record store where I worked at the time Minute Man Records in Harvard Square, ordered boxes of the now rare and collectible Let It Be limited edition box set that came with a full color glossy 164 page book documenting the roof top event and studio recordings, thinking it would quickly sell out especially since it was flown in and arrived well before the standard American LP set's release. The box did not sell at all and after a few weeks taking up valuable upper bin space, the hundreds of copies were stacked below to gather dust. Eventually the store sold them off (and not quickly) for $5.00 a piece. Today on Discogs the set's median price is $208.00."

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/let-it-be-gets-giles-martin-multi-remix-box-set-plenty-extras

On behalf of my wallet and myself, thank you. You've taken the sting out of the sticker shock.

I'll be able to put that $35 saved towards whatever eventual rooftop concert release they put out that -- mysteriously and I'm certain totally coincidentally -- would have fit on that "EP" disc. Of course, that was never the plan, and if they were to remove it I'm certain they would also lower the price accordingly. /s

Either way, can't wait for this release.

On behalf of my wallet and myself, thank you. You've taken the sting out of the sticker shock.

I'll be able to put that $35 saved towards whatever eventual rooftop concert release they put out that -- mysteriously and I'm certain totally coincidentally -- would have fit on that "EP" disc. Of course, that was never the plan, and if they were to remove it I'm certain they would also lower the price accordingly. /s

Either way, can't wait for this release.
Lucky you. ImportCDs has raised the price up to $115.79 before I made my purchase!

Back