Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
140$?? yikes. if that's the only option, then my Love DVD-audio and Abbey Road blu-ray will have to scratch my Beatles multichannel itch.
imo, it serves them right if folks rip them, and share them.
...and you wonder why so many new Atmos mixes are exclusive to the streaming services.
I feel like that's actually a GOOD sign, that it will also include the Blu-ray with surround for that kind of price.

Come on guys! It's only $15.40 in August 1966 dollars. :sneaky:

Hopefully this report is inaccurate:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...Tq7zNVfQanvqHE9QZdiMQ2fvnWQpl&id=115519041331
Universal held a Los Angeles listening session for the upcoming "Revolver" release this week. Interestingly, a Dolby Atmos mix of the album was played, although that mix will not be made commercially available. Producer Giles Martin was on hand, and talked about how, previously, the problem with trying to remix "Revolver" is that, on one track, you might have drums, bass and rhythm guitar, and you couldn't separate them. But, with the audio software developed by Sir Peter Jackson's Wingnut Films for "The Beatles: Get Back," they can take any instrument off a track and place it anywhere in the mix they want. In other words, the Jackson software gave them the ability to do a real remix of the album. A few of the outtakes to be included also were previewed at the listening session. Among the outtakes set for the new box set is an early version of "Yellow Submarine" that features Lennon singing the unfinished number while playing acoustic guitar — an indication he was much more involved in the song's creation than previously had been believed. Look for the "Revolver" box set reissue to be announced officially by Universal/Apple Corps this month.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...Tq7zNVfQanvqHE9QZdiMQ2fvnWQpl&id=115519041331
Universal held a Los Angeles listening session for the upcoming "Revolver" release this week. Interestingly, a Dolby Atmos mix of the album was played, although that mix will not be made commercially available. Producer Giles Martin was on hand, and talked about how, previously, the problem with trying to remix "Revolver" is that, on one track, you might have drums, bass and rhythm guitar, and you couldn't separate them. But, with the audio software developed by Sir Peter Jackson's Wingnut Films for "The Beatles: Get Back," they can take any instrument off a track and place it anywhere in the mix they want. In other words, the Jackson software gave them the ability to do a real remix of the album. A few of the outtakes to be included also were previewed at the listening session. Among the outtakes set for the new box set is an early version of "Yellow Submarine" that features Lennon singing the unfinished number while playing acoustic guitar — an indication he was much more involved in the song's creation than previously had been believed. Look for the "Revolver" box set reissue to be announced officially by Universal/Apple Corps this month.
INCONCEIVABLE!

Since there has been a REVOLVING door of REVOLVER reissues ... think I'll pass on this one!

And quite frankly: TIRED of INTAKES of OUTTAKES!

Last edited:
WTF?

Ridiculous.

I attended this yesterday. Out of this world...

revolver_invite.jpg

I keep reading on that other forum that there is likely NOT to be a blu ray with this and I am pretty bummed out by the prospects. At least give us hi-rez stereo on a blu-ray. Something other than CD. I would probably buy it in a non delux edition some day if it’s CD, but certainly won’t be in any hurry about it. Not a big fan of out-takes or seeing how the song evolved from drunken muttering to full fledged orchestration.

It's kind of heartening to go through the comments and see so many people asking for 5.1 & Atmos, sometimes I wonder how much interest there really is in this stuff outside the forums (of course these could just be folks from here and/or SHF).
What the apparent success of Atmos streaming has shown IMO is that there is an interest in multichannel music. The issue has always been making it very easy and low cost for the average consumer to access. Previous physical formats involved specific hardware requirements and connections (cables). Think about pre-HDMI support when SACD players required 6 separate analog cables into a receiver. With Apple Music, you can experience spatial audio via headphones.

What the apparent success of Atmos streaming has shown IMO is that there is an interest in multichannel music. The issue has always been making it very easy and low cost for the average consumer to access. Previous physical formats involved specific hardware requirements and connections (cables). Think about pre-HDMI support when SACD players required 6 separate analog cables into a receiver. With Apple Music, you can experience spatial audio via headphones.

It's ('spatial audio') hardly the same thing as proper room based Atmos or even 5.1 or Quad surround though, it's a poor approximation with a hint of snake oil about it. It also requires one to sign up for a monthly subscription...no thanks.

It's ('spatial audio') hardly the same thing as proper room based Atmos or even 5.1 or Quad surround though, it's a poor approximation with a hint of snake oil about it. It also requires one to sign up for a monthly subscription...no thanks.
I thought the same thing. There is no way in hell that headphones can provide the same experience as surround with actual separated speakers. Maybe someday but not now.

The Anthology version is stereo IIRC correctly. Might be an alternate take though.
Same take, but both are edited differently. On YouTube you can find a version that edits both together, it runs over six minutes.

Where I think you're missing the point here is that you say "MODERN" surround music customers. How many people under the age of 50 do you think purchased "The Tipping Point"? And CAN you make money selling 1,500 copies? Or can it only work for select titles when the band itself is determined to make it happen?
The first pressing of TTP was 2000 units, the second was 2500. They could have easily done 5000 (as a general release) and it would probably be sold out by now. And the TFF demographic is younger than The Beatles'.

However, none of the other SDE titles have gotten the same amount of interest, so I can definitely see why labels are cautious about pressing huge amounts of discs that won't get bought. But if it worked for TFF or Pink Floyd, then it sure as heck works for The Beatles.
I really doubt that. Those contain many overlapping frequencies. I do not see this as feasible.
Have you heard the stereo versions of Buddy Holly and Hank Williams songs Eric Records have released? Unbelievable.
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...sics-judy-garland-at-100-26-classics.1147058/https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...mpilation-on-eric-hit-parade-records.1115478/

i don't know what the regular price was but i got the 3 disc Abbey Road super deluxe set for $64. that was in March '21.
I agree! If you wait on these, you can save & pay way less. I just recently, got the 'Let It Be' 6 disc deluxe set for $64.49 new, still sealed.
If Revolver is going to be $140, then 'No Thanks' ! I'll wait till one comes along in accordance to my real world supply & demand pricing.

Last edited:
Have you heard the stereo versions of Buddy Holly and Hank Williams songs Eric Records have released? Unbelievable.
I don’t have those two albums, but I do have the various Buddy Holly and Hank Williams hits that Eric Records put on other compilations. And yes, they are quite good.

They did a separation of Green Onions back in 2013. Now that one is un@&$#in’ believable when played through the Surround Master.

I agree! If you wait on these, you can save & pay way less. I just recently, got the 'Let It Be' 6 disc deluxe set for $64.49 new, still sealed.
If Revolver is going to be $140, then 'No Thanks' ! I'll wait till one comes along in accordance to my real world supply & demand pricing.
If one has the patience, value investing such as this always pays off!

I’m waiting for Cahoots to go down to $19.95.

I have the four Beatles deluxe box sets, all brand new and sealed, haven't paid more than half retail price on any of them, most expensive was £60, I wont pay funny money for Revolver even if it is my favourite album of theirs, I wont buy it at all without a 5.1 mix

Back