Dual Disc Ben Folds "Songs for Silverman" on DualDisc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Ben Folds album is coming out on DualDisc.

"
* April 26 -- Ben's new studio album, Songs For Silverman
will be released in three formats and packages:
- 180 Gram Heavy Double Vinyl
- DualDisc: Stereo CD on one side, DVD on the other side including 5.1 Surround Sound mix & 25-minute behind-the-scenes feature
- Deluxe Edition: Featuring 40-page booklet and 40-minute DVD The Making of Songs for Silverman including live performances, exclusive interviews, and behind-the-scenes footage.
"

This is now available to pre-order online from here and can be shipped to the UK, works out around £14

http://attackedbyplastic.com/

As an added bonus, they have just added a free CD to the package which contains unreleased songs and live versions.

More information at www.benfolds.com

Incidentally, the DualDisc version has a 25 minute video, the deluxe CD version has a 40 minute DVD with it.

So much for the added value you are supposed to get with DualDisc. In this case, the dualdisc gives you less, though it is cheaper than the Deluxe CD package

Can anyone confirm or deny that the "special edition" version won't include the DualDisc? I can't seem to figure it out. It sucks that I'll basically be forced to buy both the "special edition" (to get the full DVD documentary) and the DualDisc (to get the 5.1 version). I was under the impression, for example, that both the standard and "special edition" versions of the new Springsteen album will feature the DualDisc (i.e., there won't be a standard redbook release), and I was under the impression the Ben Folds release would work the same way. But now I'm guessing not... :mad:

I got the album through yesterday.

The CD side plays on one drive on my PC and isn't recognised on the other.

The DVD side plays on the drive that doesn't play the CD, but doesn't play in the one that does.

The DVD is region coded as region 1. No good for me as I am set to region 2.

First impressions of the new format: Not Good

Got the Dualdisc. Music is great. This is the first time I have ever listened to a Ben Folds album. Exceptional talent!

The 5.1 is subtle, but it's there. A few songs have more going on in the rears than others. Mostly backup vocals and some acoustic guitars and stuff. Not bad, but not great. Biggest problem is the good old Dolby Digital "veil". You can hear the sound being held back. Would have been a great SACD.

Back