Bitches Brew Quadraphonic SACD from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just showed up from CDJapan. Very good packaging. In a large box, the size of a oversized coffee table book. Disc in the center, taped to the box, then surrounded by packing material. Arrived in perfect shape from the Post Office - I had to sign for it.

Now on to listening and ripping in the Oppo.

I received mine today from CDJapan as well. It's quite the deluxe package as others have mentioned...I have several of the Jeff Beck releases, but this one takes it to the next level with glossy cover and overall attention to detail.

Listening to disc 1 now. I'm noticing something of a sonic upgrade to the robin reel transfer. More bass, definitely less hiss, and a bit cleaner sound overall.

Mine arrived a few days ago from cdjapan.

(No time to give it the attention it deserves yet. I haven't even unwrapped it.)

The whole album was remixed back in 1998 by Mark Wilder for The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions box, and all domestic (USA) CD releases since then have used the remix, AFAIK.

Pros and cons of the remix get some coverage here:
https://jazztimes.com/features/miles-davis-and-the-making-of-bitches-brew-sorcerers-brew/

Thank you for sharing this! It's a great read and helps understand better the making of this important music.

Mine arrived a few days ago from cdjapan.

(No time to give it the attention it deserves yet. I haven't even unwrapped it.)

The whole album was remixed back in 1998 by Mark Wilder for The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions box, and all domestic (USA) CD releases since then have used the remix, AFAIK.

Pros and cons of the remix get some coverage here:
https://jazztimes.com/features/miles-davis-and-the-making-of-bitches-brew-sorcerers-brew/
Thanks for the link - that’s a very nice article!

(y) Thumbs up!
:geek: Geeking out on this...

"The background of the title is unknown, but a clue is provided by the absence of an apostrophe at the end of the word “bitches,”
making “brew” a verb, not a noun."

Detail from the inside gatefold of Miles' On The Corner (1972):

page104.jpg

I believe there was a CD set released that had alternate stereo mixes. (As well as outtakes and unedited versions.) But the surround mix has always been the original. Is that right?
I wish there was a Q4 of Live Evil. Or a SQ decode that actually worked. There's so much going on in both of these albums that the quad mixes became the mandatory versions by default!

Mine just showed up from CDJapan. Very good packaging. In a large box, the size of a oversized coffee table book. Disc in the center, taped to the box, then surrounded by packing material. Arrived in perfect shape from the Post Office - I had to sign for it.

Now on to listening and ripping in the Oppo.
Got my copy today packaged in the same manner. Currently listening to Phaah's dance. I think this disc will be a '10' :51QQ

(y) Thumbs up!
:geek: Geeking out on this...

"The background of the title is unknown, but a clue is provided by the absence of an apostrophe at the end of the word “bitches,”
making “brew” a verb, not a noun."

Detail from the inside gatefold of Miles' On The Corner (1972):

View attachment 34296

I see the afro hair style is coming back again...I see teens sporting that look now(y)

Well it took just over a day for my copy of Bitches Brew to go from CDJapan via Tokyo to Coventry (UK), a journey of about 6000 miles, and it went straight into the abyss of the Customs Dept. of Parcelforce. So its been there for 7 days and hasn't moved going by the tracking. I'm off to the Beautiful Days Festival tomorrow and I'm back on Monday, and I'd be very surprised if it has left Coventry by then :poop::poop:. I want a discount on their Tax gathering fee of 100% now :mad:

I see the afro hair style is coming back again...I see teens sporting that look now(y)
I had an afro back in high school. (I was trying to be a drummer, and one of my idols was Mitch Mitchell.) I recall about 3 or 4 days when it actually looked kind of okay. The rest, not so much. The spirit was willing, but the hair was weak... :geek:

Well it took just over a day for my copy of Bitches Brew to go from CDJapan via Tokyo to Coventry (UK), a journey of about 6000 miles, and it went straight into the abyss of the Customs Dept. of Parcelforce. So its been there for 7 days and hasn't moved going by the tracking. I'm off to the Beautiful Days Festival tomorrow and I'm back on Monday, and I'd be very surprised if it has left Coventry by then :poop::poop:. I want a discount on their Tax gathering fee of 100% now :mad:

I feel your pain...I have another type of agony...the CD I had to return to the UK(that was supposed to be an SACD)..is floating around out there somewhere...no real tracking...just a customs number...which means little in the world of tracking...it's made me re think my overseas purchases from 3rd party vendors on amazon..if it was amazonUK the situation would have already been resolved....and NO more dealings with Momox….they are fine it you don't have a problem...but if you do...they are a nightmare to deal with:censored:

I feel your pain...I have another type of agony...the CD I had to return to the UK(that was supposed to be an SACD)..is floating around out there somewhere...no real tracking...just a customs number...which means little in the world of tracking...it's made me re think my overseas purchases from 3rd party vendors on amazon..if it was amazonUK the situation would have already been resolved....and NO more dealings with Momox….they are fine it you don't have a problem...but if you do...they are a nightmare to deal with:censored:

And if I recall, that was a very expensive transaction. Best of luck, Clinty.

And if I recall, that was a very expensive transaction. Best of luck, Clinty.

It wasn't too expensive..$58...and then another $14 to send it back to the UK...it's more the frustration...it was easy to see that it wasn't the SACD I ordered and Momox just made it even worse...first they sent me this idiotic contract to sign..which I declined...I had sent 2 messages to the company on the area provided on amazon and I never received an email(which amazon always does)response to my messages...MOMOX did respond to those but for me to read them I had to go to an area on amazonUK..which I was unaware of....amazon dropped the ball on that...so next I used the return feature on amazon...this involved me printing a barcode which I had to include inside the package with the CD when I returned it..it had a UK address...so then I had to go to the Post Office and fill out a customs form to include on the package...I wanted tracking...but the only way to get it was to upgrade to priority international rates...which was $50....to send back a used CD...so the next level of service was first class international which was $14 but no tracking....so after I sent it to the UK...I get this message from MOMOX saying I could send it to a US address:censored:....this message was from a different company rep...so now I have 2 different reps from the same company asking the same questions I already answered and giving me 2 different procedures to follow..

Back