Bitches Brew Quadraphonic SACD from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did the right thing by taking the discount and waiting(y)

It's really all a game, Clinty. BB similarly arrived today from ImportCD [pristine condition] and yesterday Diana Ross' 16 Greatest Hits likewise arrived from Deep Discount [HK Stereo SACD/pressed in Japan/Super Audio Jewel Case] and the combined prices were less than what many QQers paid for BB alone from CDJapan with expedited s/h.......with money left over...for a loaf of little big bread https://silverhillsbakery.ca/our-products/little-big-bread/

Does it pay to shop 'the deals?' Depends on the 'patience factor.'

Last edited:
Five months after I joined this forum I made the following post concerning the Quad Bitches Brew:

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/for...lay-your-cards-on-the-table.16955/post-166492

This led me to the quad blog and a whole world of quad conversions - but it was my interest in Bitches Brew that pointed me in that direction. Now at last I can hear this fusion masterpiece in all its' discrete quad glory, and I must say it is spectacular. The only complaint I might have is the steep price, but DANG - the package, the mix, the quality of this release is spectacular. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

That's very cool...if you scroll down to post 28 there is another gem...it's part of the QQ forum fabric...I call her an institution...Quad Linda...she's not only a great music historian...but has a keen sense of humor...I don't think she gets the props she deserves on here...the years I spend lurking on here I always loved her posts and when I joined I was in awe of her music knowledge...I still am....just thought I would get that out there...it's never too late in life to recognize someone:D

Can we even begin to speculate what the next deluxe SONY Japan QUAD reissue will be. My guess: Santana! Way, Way overdue. And based on ALL of the previous SONY QUAD reissues [in 7" packaging], they would be THE definitive reissues!

Last edited:
Can we even begin to speculate what the next deluxe SONY Japan QUAD reissue will be. My guess: Santana! Way, Way overdue. And based on ALL of the previous SONY QUAD reissues [in 7" packaging], they would be THE definitive reissues!

psst...hey Ralphie...can you read this...testing 1..2..3....I know this is an older crowd... but it's not necessary to use that large print...just saying:hi..so if you can read this...maybe a change is in order...

I'd appreciate it if one of our resident "rippers" would be so kind as to post a waveform of the first few minutes of the opening track.
(Pharaoh's Dance)

The rears go from silent to short teasing bursts of surround.
I'd like to see it graphically.

Meant to get on this sooner...here's the first five minutes of "Pharaoh's Dance". It's an analog rip (don't have a hacked PS3 or proper Blu-Ray machine for digital ripping)- I recorded both discs into Audition 3 out of an Oppo 980 at 96/24. The volume level might be slightly altered compared to the actual levels of the disc.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 4.21.46 PM.png

...and here's the whole album (both discs):

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 4.31.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Meant to get on this sooner...here's the first five minutes of "Pharaoh's Dance". It's an analog rip (don't have a hacked PS3 or proper Blu-Ray machine for digital ripping)- I recorded both discs into Audition 3 out of an Oppo 980 at 96/24. The volume level might be slightly altered compared to the actual levels of the disc.

View attachment 34493

Nice, No brickwall, just nice clean audio. Neat, sweet, Discrete! :)

psst...hey Ralphie...can you read this...testing 1..2..3....I know this is an older crowd... but it's not necessary to use that large print...just saying:hi..so if you can read this...maybe a change is in order...

Clinty, you're employing a double standard when a lot of posters enlarge their photographic entries with images reminiscent of Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri. Why don't you police them as well?????????

Sometimes Silence IS Golden....just sayin'

Clinty, you're employing a double standard when a lot of posters enlarge their photographic entries with images reminiscent of Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri. Why don't you police them as well?????????

Sometimes Silence IS Golden....just sayin'

Aw..c'mon Ralphie...geeze..I kid because I care:LOL:..go ahead and use that large print if it makes you feel better(y)

Still waiting for mine :cry: going into the third week after shipping notice :eek: never had a problem with any orders from CDJapan been buying from then since 2011 and always received within the 2 week period hope it gets here soon :censored: or else I may be :sick: I need my Bitches Bro's!

Back