Fish announces future Dolby Atmos deluxe remixes from his back catalogue ("13th Star" out in July!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone come across any updates on 13th Star Atmos mix or any of the upcoming Fish re-releases (vigil & internal exile). It was previously posted September 22 for 13th Star. Could use a bit of good news after the Revolver debacle.

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news but from Fish’s Aug 11 post:

“I made a tough decision yesterday to postpone the production of both the'13th Star' and 'Feast of Consequences' vinyl box sets until May next year. With everything that's happening in the world just now and the squeeze on people's incomes from soaring electricity and gas bills and everything else it doesn't make sense to launch what are relatively expensive triple vinyl box sets into the frame.

Don't worry they will still be released but now is not the time and as they were scheduled for January I felt it was in no ones interests, including mine to go ahead and manufacture at this point when there are far more important other issues on everyone's minds in what will be a difficult winter for all concerned.

I am still going ahead with the 'Vigil's End' deluxe double CD / Blu Ray project and that is now moved to the end of October.

It just means that projects are shifting to accomodate the current circumstances we all find ourselves in and like everyone else I have to brave this out and act accordingly.

As things hopefully start to ease as we go into the Summer of 2023 I can consider rebooting the release schedule and I am earmarking the Autumn for the much anticipated remasters of 'Vigil' and 'Internal Exile'. The '13th Star' deluxe remaster with it's CD and Blu Ray discs including the Dolby Atmos mixes will be set up to coincide with the vinyl releases in May.

I know some people will be disappointed but I believe this is the correct decision to make just now.

I'll still be carrying on preparing the projects for next year and writing on a number of different levels throughout the period and I still have the Funny Farm Kitchen Garden filming and Fish on Friday to keep me actively engaged.

I'm glad I decided to put touring on hold as again now is not the time to be out there on the road and there's a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on tour buses currently traversing the continent.

Don't get me wrong I'm not despondent but the 'prepper' in me is cautious and being in the treeline and observing is the best position to be in just now.

I remain positive and smiley and like all of us just have to find a way through it all the best way I can. I just thought I'd give you a heads up on where I am with it all.

Take Care

Fish”

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news but from Fish’s Aug 11 post:

“I made a tough decision yesterday to postpone the production of both the'13th Star' and 'Feast of Consequences' vinyl box sets until May next year. With everything that's happening in the world just now and the squeeze on people's incomes from soaring electricity and gas bills and everything else it doesn't make sense to launch what are relatively expensive triple vinyl box sets into the frame.

Don't worry they will still be released but now is not the time and as they were scheduled for January I felt it was in no ones interests, including mine to go ahead and manufacture at this point when there are far more important other issues on everyone's minds in what will be a difficult winter for all concerned.

I am still going ahead with the 'Vigil's End' deluxe double CD / Blu Ray project and that is now moved to the end of October.

It just means that projects are shifting to accomodate the current circumstances we all find ourselves in and like everyone else I have to brave this out and act accordingly.

As things hopefully start to ease as we go into the Summer of 2023 I can consider rebooting the release schedule and I am earmarking the Autumn for the much anticipated remasters of 'Vigil' and 'Internal Exile'. The '13th Star' deluxe remaster with it's CD and Blu Ray discs including the Dolby Atmos mixes will be set up to coincide with the vinyl releases in May.

I know some people will be disappointed but I believe this is the correct decision to make just now.

I'll still be carrying on preparing the projects for next year and writing on a number of different levels throughout the period and I still have the Funny Farm Kitchen Garden filming and Fish on Friday to keep me actively engaged.

I'm glad I decided to put touring on hold as again now is not the time to be out there on the road and there's a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on tour buses currently traversing the continent.

Don't get me wrong I'm not despondent but the 'prepper' in me is cautious and being in the treeline and observing is the best position to be in just now.

I remain positive and smiley and like all of us just have to find a way through it all the best way I can. I just thought I'd give you a heads up on where I am with it all.

Take Care

Fish”
Thanks for posting this update. Sounds like a year from now.

tl;dr – go straight to the 3rd paragraph:
1680625295335.png

Last edited:
2nd paragraph pretty good too! Nice to know they're able to lower postage rates. Great news! Thanks for posting this!

Received an email about Fish on Friday resumes today. I didn't know Fish had surgery. Sounds like he is doing well. This was in the email, "I'm going to play some of the latest 'Exile' remixes tonight and I have to say I was blown away by the first mixes that I heard last week. It's a completely different album and some of the tracks I heard a few days ago were totally outstanding." He said exile and vigil projects are aimed for in early 2024. I'm confused by what he meant about the preorder for cd/Blu ray of 13th Star. Maybe someone can clarify that.

@SHB
Fish changed course on his reissue series and instead of releasing vinyl & blu-ray sets at the same time, he broke it up into separate release windows.
right now he is trying to sort out fulfillment of 13th Star & Feast vinyl box sets. Next comes the Blu-ray/CD box set of 13th star with Atmos which is supposed to go on sale soon. I think that is what he is inferring in his email. I will listen to podcast tomorrow to hear what he has to say. Oh by the way - It was stated that Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield did the Atmos mix for 13th Star.

Then in 2024 will be the remixed deluxe sets of Vigil & Internal exile in early 2024. I am pretty confident that an Atmos mix was mentioned for both and maybe Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield where doing those as well. T

Of course it’s Fish so it is a little more complicated than that. I can’t remember in over 30 years of being a fan that even one of his “cunning plans” actually
going off without a hitch. He and his wife run their own fulfillment company out of their house and I guess he decided it would be easier to deal with inventory allotments in phases as he gets his knees worked on and he preps to move to some remote Scottish island to be a farmer.

Right now however, he is trying to sort out a production issue from a company called Profact who screwed up on the quality of 13th Star & Feast vinyl box sets. Sounds like he received the initial inventory and they mostly damaged.

Last edited:
@SHB
Fish changed course on his reissue series and instead of releasing vinyl & blu-ray sets at the same time, he broke it up into separate release windows.
right now he is trying to sort out fulfillment of 13th Star & Feast vinyl box sets. Next comes the Blu-ray/CD box set of 13th star with Atmos which is supposed to go on sale soon. I think that is what he is inferring in his email. I will listen to podcast tomorrow to hear what he has to say. Oh by the way - It was stated that Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield did the Atmos mix for 13th Star.

Then in 2024 will be the remixed deluxe sets of Vigil & Internal exile in early 2024. I am pretty confident that an Atmos mix was mentioned for both and maybe Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield where doing those as well. T

Of course it’s Fish so it is a little more complicated than that. I can’t remember in over 30 years of being a fan that even one of his “cunning plans” actually
going off without a hitch. He and his wife run their own fulfillment company out of their house and I guess he decided it would be easier to deal with inventory allotments in phases as he gets his knees worked on and he preps to move to

Right now however, he is trying to sort out a production issue from a company called Profact who screwed up on the quality of 13th Star & Feast vinyl box sets. Sounds like he received the initial inventory and they mostly damaged.
Thanks! At first when I read the update, it sounded like the pre-order for the cd/blu ray boxset of 13th Star was closed. I was freaking out at first because I have been checking periodically to see when they were taking orders. Then when I read it again, it appears the vinyl box set pre-order window is closed. But, I thought, let someone else comment on this because I am prone to misread stuff. 😐

I think you got it right and I too was a little scared that I missed an order window. 13th Star is my second favorite album from the Big Man. Behind Vigil and slightly ahead of Internal or maybe Sunsets.

Reactions: SHB
On his Fish On Friday webcast, the big guy spent most of his time talking about his knee surgery and the vinyl reissue issue.

He did briefly hold up a proof copy of the 13th Star Deluxe BluRay set - so it is going to happen. It looked to be book sized like the Marillion and Tull releases.

He mumbled something about putting on the web store as soon as the Feast & 13th vinyl editions are received and start heading back out the door. Sounded like he anticipated that to be in early August.

On another note, Fish also mentioned that he would be gradually turning over the webstore to another party as he makes the move to becoming a croffter on some Scottish Isle.

He drove home the point that he would be keeping the production runs low for these final projects and warned that likely they will not see any repress. On the vinyls box sets for Feast and 13th, he said he is putting on an order for only 3,000 and 4,000 respectively. I guess the BluRay will be similar.

Remember when I wrote about Fish’s cunning plans always going astray?

Well just received an update that he is outright canceling the release of the deluxe vinyl box sets he had opened on pre-order for two of his albums.

Turns out the second batch of samples were just as bad as the first set. He states that in good conscience, he wont put his reputation on the line by issuing shotty product. And again to be fair, it really is a mom & pop outfit. So he is having his wife (who runs the store), refunding all the preorders. I have to suspect he might have 90% of the order (10,000 copies between the two) pre-ordered already.

My heart breaks for all the bad luck the Big Man has had to endure.

But what does that mean for me, the surround enthusiast, you say?

The blu-ray edition of “13th Star” with surround is expected to delivered to Fish’s house by the end of the next week. Given the amount of admin that Mrs. Fish is going to have her hands full refunding everyone and trying her best to answer emails from those who did not hear the news and wonder why their order was canceled.

So the expected sale date for the “13th Star” blue-ray version expected late next week is likely going to have to wait.

Also, I think this title is exclusive to Fish’s own shop.

Remember when I wrote about Fish’s cunning plans always going astray?

Well just received an update that he is outright canceling the release of the deluxe vinyl box sets he had opened on pre-order for two of his albums.

Turns out the second batch of samples were just as bad as the first set. He states that in good conscience, he wont put his reputation on the line by issuing shotty product. And again to be fair, it really is a mom & pop outfit. So he is having his wife (who runs the store), refunding all the preorders. I have to suspect he might have 90% of the order (10,000 copies between the two) pre-ordered already.

My heart breaks for all the bad luck the Big Man has had to endure.

But what does that mean for me, the surround enthusiast, you say?

The blu-ray edition of “13th Star” with surround is expected to delivered to Fish’s house by the end of the next week. Given the amount of admin that Mrs. Fish is going to have her hands full refunding everyone and trying her best to answer emails from those who did not hear the news and wonder why their order was canceled.

So the expected sale date for the “13th Star” blue-ray version expected late next week is likely going to have to wait.

Also, I think this title is exclusive to Fish’s own shop.
I got the email too. Poor Fish. Terrible. So, there's no pre-order for 13th Star Deluxe. On sale like Rhino Quadio?

IMG_0575.jpeg

13th Star Blu-Ray Deluxe Set is supposed to go on sale Monday, July 24.

https://store.fishmusic.scot/
No preorder, he got the stock yesterday.
In pure Fish fashion, he wasn’t expecting the shipment and had to quickly go ask a neighbor who owns a manitou forklift for help.

He forgot to split the shipment between his home in Scotland and his EU drop point.
So you will only be able to order from the fish music.scot site. He is trying to get an another batch pressed and sent to the EU location but there is no timeline.

If you want it now, you might have to deal with the vat and duty taxes you’ll have to wait.

View attachment 94114

13th Star Blu-Ray Deluxe Set is supposed to go on sale Monday, July 24.

https://store.fishmusic.scot/
No preorder, he got the stock yesterday.
In pure Fish fashion, he wasn’t expecting the shipment and had to quickly go ask a neighbor who owns a manitou forklift for help.

He forgot to split the shipment between his home in Scotland and his EU drop point.
So you will only be able to order from the fish music.scot site. He is trying to get an another batch pressed and sent to the EU location but there is no timeline.

If you want it now, you might have to deal with the vat and duty taxes you’ll have to wait.
Thanks for posting this. Did you get this update in an email from Fish? I am subscribed to receive updates from his website but I didn't get an update about this. So, I am so glad you posted this. I don't want to miss out on a copy of this.

Back