Issue Playing Back Burned DVD-Audio Disc on Sony UBP-x800m2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that 'Marvin Gaye Collection' disc has it's own backstory and set of circumstances as to why it was in that resolution when it was later reissued on DVD-Audio.

the original 5.1 mixes engineered by Brant S. Biles were produced by DTS back in 1997, before DVD-Audio's rollout, at 48kHz/24-bit resolution and initially released only on DTS CD as a compilation called "Forever Yours".....
Oh wow, the 1997 "Forever Yours" DTS-CD has exactly the same tracks (but in a different order) as the "The Marvin Gay Collection" 2003 DVD-Audio and the 2004 SACD. To complete the multi-channel digital release line-up all we need now is a Blu-ray Audio disc version.

What a journey indeed ;)

I’ve got a bunch of commercial discs. I’ve got a few favorites that are not on discs. I’d love to burn those favorites on discs so I can put them all together on a shelf. I have other ways of listening to these files. I just want to put them on a shelf.

Right now the solutions I can think of are:
1. Upsampling and burning a DVD-Video disc or
2. Burning a DVD-Audio disc and buying a different player.
Do you have software for authoring DVDA discs? I'm afraid you're not going to find a simple solution for that.
DVDV discs on the other hand there are options.

Do you have software for authoring DVDA discs? I'm afraid you're not going to find a simple solution for that.
DVDV discs on the other hand there are options.
Yes, there is an open source solution here: DVD audio Tools

Unfortunately, after I burned the disc and it didn't work I checked online and found this thread which told me that Sony has blocked this player from playing burned DVD-Audio discs.

Back