Japan HMV taking pre-orders for upcoming Beach Boys SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about some good titles, like 20/20 and Wild Honey?

I'm sure those two will be included in the Analogue Productions collection of Beach Boys SACD Remastered. Those SACDs should be showing up fairly soon from what I'm hearing.

Hmm, I wonder if these are part of the Beach Boys SACD Remastered Series coming from Analogue Productions. Or a separate set of SACDs from Universal Japan? Interesting.

Me too. I also wonder whether these will be mono or stereo (where available) or perhaps both?

Me too. I also wonder whether these will be mono or stereo (where available) or perhaps both?

Looking at the release info, these are clearly part of the Universal Japan SHM-SACD series, not the upcoming Analogue Productions Beach Boys SACD Series.

I also wonder whether these will be mono or stereo (where available) or perhaps both?

The ones from Universal Japan will be Single Layer (no CD Layer) SACDs - mono or stereo will depend on the master tapes.
With Analogue Productions, the Beach Boys Remastered SACDs will be Hybrid Layer - mono, stereo and possibly even multichannel SACD - again depending on the master tapes.

The ones from Universal Japan will be Single Layer (no CD Layer) SACDs - mono or stereo will depend on the master tapes.
With Analogue Productions, the Beach Boys Remastered SACDs will be Hybrid Layer - mono, stereo and possibly even multichannel SACD - again depending on the master tapes.

That's good news! I'm really looking forward to the AP versions. Mastered by Kevin Gray, yes?

Back