Jethro Tull - A Passion Play CD/DVD set - Burning Shed pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it's the exact opposite in that I connected with "A Passion Play" before "Tales" (and still prefer the former)
The pros of APP is that it has more drive and energy to it than Tales and since it's half the length of Tales, it makes it an easier listen for me.
One thing these albums do share in common (besides being released in the same year) is that Steven is convinced that the remixes of both of these albums will receive much greater acclaim than the original albums received when they were released.
And they will both work really well in surround as well.
That does it for my 1,000th post! :)

One thousand???

:banana: :banana: :banana:

My friend, I am deeply honored that you chose to post number 1000 to me. :cool:

Unlike my posts, the vast majority of your posts are well thought out and are of good value to the community here, so I applaud you. Well Done!

We will continue on with our debate over Tales VS Passion Play later. Suffice to say it is a miracle we may get BOTH in 5.1 Steven Wilson style.

But I am learning that certain DTS discs seem to play everything in the center only(the receiver shows 5.1 channels being decoded). Then I must reset my receiver and then the DTS plays properly in all channels. I think Thick As A Brick did this problem as well...

This just happened to me in my car! I took Chateau with me for 40 mile drive and after about 10 minutes realized there wasn't much coming from the rear speakers. I pulled over to check the settings on my Pioneer head unit and found it had switched over to DTS Neo 6. This has never happened to me before (at least not that I noticed.) I wonder if there is something in the disc encoding that makes the player think it should use Neo 6? I'll have to keep watch on this behavior.

It is definitely a disappointing listen without the discrete rear speakers.

Back