Jethro Tull - 'Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon UK to US is slightly less than Burning Shed with shipping. ~$41.29. So is the chance at an autograph / support small business worth $3? Your call.
I’m thinking Amazon UK, they’ll get you a small pre-order discount later- maybe? My TD SFH got me a ~$0.67 discount from Amazon UK 🇬🇧 (y) 1/4:coffee: no cream.

Ohhh shite, too early to be doin' sterling to greenback conversions; but only about $8.75, man the pound is way down to ounces from what I remember it being.

In contrast to the US dollar, the £ is currently $1.25 ...... I remember it being close to $2 a scant few years ago https://www.x-rates.com/calculator/

An interesting historical tidbit regarding the British £

One pound could buy you 15 head of cattle in the year 980 during the reign of King Aethelraed the Unready, according to David Sinclair's The Pound: A Biography.

A pound of Boars Head London Broil Roast Beef is currently $14.99 @ my local Acme Supermarket .... or 12£ ..... My, how times have changed!

Last edited:
What a great packshot! 🤑

81DlI1cMLzL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah Snood went with BS again for this - the Amazon US current overprice and the Ian lottery was the sell, plus they always stand behind product if a prob and the packing is always good.

Not a fan of the charge before ship, but oh welly :SB then went off and spent 80 bux plus on Dutton :LB Snood added on top of the current 2 releases the 2 missing Dave Valentin Stereo SACDS for good measure. Me had the first one and somehow did not see they released 2 more. :unsure:

Yeah Snood went with BS again for this - the Amazon US current overprice and the Ian lottery was the sell, plus they always stand behind product if a prob and the packing is always good.

Not a fan of the charge before ship, but oh welly :SB then went off and spent 80 bux plus on Dutton :LB Snood added on top of the current 2 releases the 2 missing Dave Valentin Stereo SACDS for good measure. Me had the first one and somehow did not see they released 2 more. :unsure:

SNOOD better be on Stormwatch ....... Hurricane season's a comin' and SNOODVILLE is in the eye of the storm ....... better hunker down those Elacs and Monoliths! 🌪🌧🌊

I have all the Jethro Tull sets. I am not familiar with this one and seriously considering not purchasing this set. This would end my streak. What do you all think. Maybe you could convince me I'm out of my mind for not sinking more money into these sets.

I am a long time Tull fan, and Stormwatch is in my top 5 albums of theirs . Some really good material on this one. North Sea Oil, Orion, Dark Ages, Elegy, and one of my all time personal favorites, Dun Ringill. You will be sorely missing out on some great music if you skip this one

I have all the Jethro Tull sets. I am not familiar with this one and seriously considering not purchasing this set. This would end my streak. What do you all think. Maybe you could convince me I'm out of my mind for not sinking more money into these sets.
I felt the same way about This Was and Heavy Horses. I got them both, and after listening to them a few times, I grew to like them. Especially Heavy Horses.

I also am not familiar with Stormwatch. But for many, its a favorite. So I gotta bite. It cant be worse than Passion Play (can it?)

I felt the same way about This Was and Heavy Horses. I got them both, and after listening to them a few times, I grew to like them. Especially Heavy Horses.

I also am not familiar with Stormwatch. But for many, its a favorite. So I gotta bite. It cant be worse than Passion Play (can it?)
The original version of what became a passion play recorded and abandoned in France is brilliantly put together by Steven Wilson on the passion play box set in fact it is far superior

YMMV, however, my suggestion regarding APP is to skip The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles. I deleted it altogether from the ripped version I listen to & it makes the whole piece much better. 😁

YMMV, however, my suggestion regarding APP is to skip The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles. I deleted it altogether from the ripped version I listen to & it makes the whole piece much better. 😁
As far as the recorded story itself goes, I agree. However the video of it included in the deluxe release and the lead up instrumental to the spoken part are some of the best parts of the release

Lol I like passion play not a huge fan of This Was

The funny thing is Passion Play and TAAB are my favorites but back then I waited to pick these editions up until they eventually went on sale... Actually it's not very funny and I was an idiot! Borrowed them from a friend and all but still. Maybe one day I'll have too much extra money and pick them up. Looking forward to this one. Kind of the last album of the era for them. Seemed just a little more on point overall than the last 3 too FWIW. I still wouldn't mind hearing Broadsword and A get this treatment for a final round bonus though! But I'm getting ahead of myself already. And I wasn't a huge fan of This Was but the remix absolutely won me over. 100% a case of the original production getting in the way on that one!

Back