Mark Knopfler's. Guitar Heroes. "Going Home" Charity Release Deluxe CD/BD-A with Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to order from Europe and now it's sold out again. I guess that if I eventually receive the Blu-ray I can resell it and fund a ticket (or two) to see David Gilmour at the RAH :D

Seller: "Here's this awesome new single with all of your favorite guitarists on it, in Atmos, and we're making it available on disc! Even better, all proceeds go to this great cause!"

QQ: "WOW, yes! I am totally in! I'd like to..."

Seller: "Sold Out!"

QQ: "Wait, what? You just said... hello? Hello?"

(two months later)

Seller: "Pssssst... it's for sale again, I was only kidding! Don't tell anyone, this is between me and you. Tee-hee, I'm so sneaky!"

QQ: "Woah, crazy! OK awesome, because I'd love to have this and I don't think that's how this sort of thing can best serve your..."

Seller: "Sold Out!"

QQ:
Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 1.14.23 PM.png

My order from yesterday shows a tracking number already. I will report on the content / mix when the disc arrives.

My order from yesterday shows a tracking number already. I will report on the content / mix when the disc arrives.
Mine as well, apparently will be shipped today.
You can check the mix already in Apple Music, is a good one! Nothing to do with One Deep River

This whole release has been insanity from the start. I've given up on it.
The thing I don't understand and have said many times.
If there's a big demand, and specially with the funds going to charity,
why not have it available as a download for as many folks who desire it?
The big real loser here is the Teen Cancer Trust. :mad:

I had the same thought. I even nudged @sjcorne about it a while back. But no word so far.

I missed the update - just got the simple CD and I think I'll stick with that for the time being.

Its available in 48-24 stereo on QoBuz for download and purchase.

The Blu-ray arrived yesterday, it works musically (which had worried me a bit) as well as being a nice immersive mix, guitars all around, on my first listen I could pick out Jeff Beck (actually easy to spot) and Dave Gilmour, fun listening and trying to identify who is playing when.

Back