Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered it immediately when it was first announced, yet my copy is still sitting in the UK as I await its arrival in Texas.

EDIT: June 5th - It has arrived! :D

Last edited:
I finally got it.

At lunch, with my wife, who receive it at her work office.

2023-06-02 - Pedido Recibido.jpg

Hey NYMo. Just out of curiosity how much did shipping cost in the end? I'm also in Australia and considered buying it but baulked at the last moment as I was concerned the shipping would be too high and the exchange rate etc. I've missed out this time but if something comes out the next round I might have a go. Shame really but should have braver.
Australia is a standard 10 quid from SDE

Mine arrived in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, last Tuesday. Although I don't have Atmos on my system, I listened,,, with a big grin on my face! The Atmos mix sounds amazing, guys! It'll be well worth the wait, The other mixes are in DTS. The 1975 mix is the first remix, and not the original quad mix. It's the same as what's on the "Boxed" set.

That’s easy for you to say.
Even if you come from a Spanish speaking country you will find out that what is spoken in España is not spoken anywhere else, and let’s not even mention the other languages; Catalá, Euskera, Gallego, etc … I am so glad I a paid attention when I was in Spanish class and learned the “vosotros” second person plural conjugation!

Well the quad has the sailors hornpipe tromping round the studio "buggered if I know!" ending so that concern I had is allayed. I agree with people it sounds a bit front left dominant from about half way through. I'd have to listen to the quad SACD again to see if it had the same issue.

Bear in mind the quad mix took a lot of liberties (there are even parts omitted deliberately) because it was intended as a demo to Mike that would then be re-worked, he wasn't expected to approve it. So the quad wasn't a slavish copy of the stereo mix.

Back