Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wasn't that available on a Bowers&Wilkins website a long time ago?
Yes it was, back in 2013. It was available as a lossless 5.1 (FLAC) download and as well as the full album, it included 5.1 mixes of the "Theme from Tubular Bells" single and "Sailor's Hornpipe."
It's been a while since I listened to it, but my recollection is that mix, fidelity and dynamics were all superb. I'll have to dig it out and give it another play.
Out of interest I've attached a screen shot of the .pdf "cover" that came with the download.
TB Cover.jpg

I also pre-ordered this. Thanks for passing on the infos!

I have been listening to Tubular Bells since I was a kid and I love it so much. Although I believe the version I listened the most was the 2003 one. For a while I was obsessed with the song "Ambient Guitars". Just superb!

I wish they released other Tubular Bells releases in Dolby Atmos. Especially "Tubular Bells II". I think it is the perfect album for spatial audio since it has so many synthesized sounds and effects.

And if I could make one last wish, I'd love to listen to "The Songs of Distant Earth" in Dolby Atmos too!

By the way, I see you talking about the Bowers&Wilkins 5.1 release, but I am unable to find it anywhere for purchase. Was it an exclusive release and is it no longer available? That'd be a pity!

By the way, I see you talking about the Bowers&Wilkins 5.1 release, but I am unable to find it anywhere for purchase. Was it an exclusive release and is it no longer available? That'd be a pity!
Society of Sound was a download site from B&W with flac downloads, but is was terminated in 2019

Society of Sound update
The Society of Sound Program ended on 31st March 2019. This was not an easy decision to make. The method and means to access and enjoy music have changed greatly over the last decade, with streaming services becoming more and more prevalent. We felt the time was right to direct our efforts toward finding new ways to deliver amazing sound experiences.

Can anyone explain the difference between superdeluxeedition.com and thesdeshop.com? I can log into the sdeshop.com and that is where all my orders are like ten years after, concert for george, etc. but I get emails from superdeluxeedition.com telling me of upcoming releases like I ordered on thesdeshop.com. However when I go to superdeluxeedition.com to log in it does not recognize my password so I do a reset on my password and it will still not let me log in so I decide maybe I should re-register but when I do that is shows that my email is already being used and it will still not let me log register. Sorry for the brain fart but this is really confusing.
It looks like there are two different sites: the first is the showcase site and the second the buying store.

I have two different accounts for each site. I initially run into those problems, but I just keep two separate accounts (different username/email).

Reactions: PK
I’ve run into this same password conundrum and your post has helped me figure it out. Ordering site (the SDE shop.com) allows password access. Email notification site (superdeluxeedition.com) does not. Much appreciated!
I think(?) each is run as a separate site (main site & shop) but I believe you can use the same email & password on both (you do need to log on to leave a comment on the non-shop website)
Hope that makes sense 🤔

Can anyone explain the difference between superdeluxeedition.com and thesdeshop.com? I can log into the sdeshop.com and that is where all my orders are like ten years after, concert for george, etc. but I get emails from superdeluxeedition.com telling me of upcoming releases like I ordered on thesdeshop.com. However when I go to superdeluxeedition.com to log in it does not recognize my password so I do a reset on my password and it will still not let me log in so I decide maybe I should re-register but when I do that is shows that my email is already being used and it will still not let me log register. Sorry for the brain fart but this is really confusing.

1680439513515.png

Same here. I can't login to the online magazine. Not sure what having an acct does for you anyway. You can sign up for the newsletter though at the bottom of the magazine website.

superdeluxeedition.com: Online Magazine Website
www.thesdeshop.com: Online Ordering Website
[email protected]: Email Address

Last edited:
Sharing: feedback I sent to the SDE team:
"can we have a fairer process of announcing these releases for people not in US / UK / EU timezones? The Mike Oldfield announcement went out at 2:45am local time in Australia . . . by 9am all the vinyl half-speeds are sold out. Where I live shouldn't determine if I can buy products from SDE."
The vinyl isn't exclusive to SDE, so I doubt much will change there.

Sharing: feedback I sent to the SDE team:
"can we have a fairer process of announcing these releases for people not in US / UK / EU timezones? The Mike Oldfield announcement went out at 2:45am local time in Australia . . . by 9am all the vinyl half-speeds are sold out. Where I live shouldn't determine if I can buy products from SDE."
CD/Vinyl etc. is available via Mike Oldfield's website

https://mikeoldfieldofficial.com/
https://recordstore.co.uk/collectio...ular-bells-50th-anniversary-edition-vinyl-2lp

Going to sound out of character, maybe, but I'm on the fence about this one. I'll probably regret it if I don't get it though.
All of Oldfield's work is something I just have to be in a particular state of mind/mood to listen to I guess. My main rig is down so I can't look up what I have and memory shot so all I remember offhand in my collection is TB, Crises and Ommadawn in surround? (correct me if the latter two aren't surround titles, like I say memory taking a hike on me)

Ordered, despite having to fight their very clunky website.....No record of my email(?, then how do I receive their emails), create an account.....again, takes me right to my existing account with past purchase info. Oi.
I had the exact same problem, try to log in, it doesn’t recognise me, try to open a new account, my email is already in use! Sign in on my laptop instead not a problem, then problem no. 2 kicks in, trying to find the slip case for TFF Tipping point, search for it and it brings up everything except tears for fears, I am offered a chat with a member of staff, I ask how to go about adding the slipcase to my order, nobody gets back to me after 10 minutes so I complete the order, then I get an email saying I have to add it to my order before paying as it cannot be added later !!!!! Pissed off to say the least

I had the exact same problem, try to log in, it doesn’t recognise me, try to open a new account, my email is already in use! Sign in on my laptop instead not a problem, then problem no. 2 kicks in, trying to find the slip case for TFF Tipping point, search for it and it brings up everything except tears for fears, I am offered a chat with a member of staff, I ask how to go about adding the slipcase to my order, nobody gets back to me after 10 minutes so I complete the order, then I get an email saying I have to add it to my order before paying as it cannot be added later !!!!! Pissed off to say the least
You can still buy the slipcase on its own, Paul only asks for shipping on that one.

Back